We wish we had maybe a few extra hours at DuPlooy’s to look around the gardens, but our schedule was just too packed! The people there were wonderful, specifically Jose and Shirley, the wait staff.
Info for our day trips in that area: ATM cave and our tour guide, Danny Portillo was awesome. I would highly recommend him to any future guests. He was very knowledgeable, responsible, respectful and careful. Also, we spent more time in the caves then any of the other groups that day and even got to some special areas because our group was so great. We were supposed to meet him in town that morning, but somehow he came to pick us up instead. On the way back to DuPlooy’s we wanted to stop for dinner, so he took us to Sanny’s restaurant outside of town which was fabulous. The shrimp ceviche was amazing and the rest of the food and service also. I would recommend it although watch out since their ice isn’t purified. I have to say that cave tubing was a little disappointing (and really crowded) after ATM, so I would recommend to people to go cave tubing first. I guess we would have but didn’t really have the time. We also did the jungle tumble at Jaguar Paw which was cool but a really short ride. They let us each go twice though. I would tell anyone else going to re-apply bug spray in between events as the bugs up in the jungle there were awful! Our Tikal trip was fun, but really expensive compared to the other day trips. We really enjoyed the view from the tallest temple and were lucky it was partly cloudy that day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio