“Excellent ceviche by the sea”
Review of Hour Bar & Grill

Hour Bar & Grill
Ranked #18 of 115 Restaurants in Belize City
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Lunch here was good. I tried the lionfish ceviche, not really thinking I was going to like it. It turned out to be absolutely delicious! (There's also a certain satisfaction in eating invasive exotics.) It was the best ceviche I had in my week in Belize, although the others were good too.

The mozzarella sticks here weren't great. Have the ceviche instead. :)

Reviewed 23 February 2017

good atmosphere, great food, attentive waitress. excellent location with natural cooling.nice selection of background music.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Service is acceptable, but the kitchen leaves much to be desired. Dishes as served may be different that as decribed in the menu with little but a shrug and sympathy from the wait staff. Food as served is acceptable, but no more.
At least the location is very nice - right on the sea.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

We visited promptly 10-15 minutes after they opened. The previous night we had drinks there and the atmosphere was great, however for lunch a few of the things on the menu they didn't have. Not sure if they just had not been caught yet (fillet fish & shrimp) or they ran out from previous night. Our Burgers were amazing though, by far the best in our week stay here. Would surely visit again.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

I have been in the restaurant a couple times before and didn't know that they changed the menu. I was asking for fried shrimp I usually ate there but got the information that is is not on the menu but I could order the fish and shrimp combo. I asked if they could do an exception and give me a little more shrimp instead of the fish. The service girl in charge (which was really friendly) went again to the kitchen to ask if they could give me just shrimp instead of the fish and shrimp.
No chance - they couldn't do it.

The food was tasty but way too expensive. For a tiny piece of fish, three shrimp, a handfull of fries and a little coleslaw they charge 36.00.

1  Thank LaVie2010