“Cheap and clean”
Review of Mira Mar Hotel

Mira Mar Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Mira Mar Hotel
Ranked #22 of 33 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

Basic room with fan and a double for $50bz. This also included a small breakfast every morning and some water and coffee. Very nice staff, clean bathrooms. We had a great room (3) but some rooms are more spacious and have more windows than others so it's worth having a look to see what's available. Great location and good little balcony.

Stayed: March 2016

Reviewed 11 January 2016

We stayed here for Christmas and had great time. What I most loved about the place is the staff and location. The hotel is situated on the main street that winds along the sea to the popular Split and has a nice little terrace with swing chairs to sit and enjoy the Caribbean breeze. The owner was really friendly and kept offering us Beilys :) Our room was quite simple but clean - everything one needs for a short stay. I think the price was a bit high for the value but it was the best deal we could get as prices go up during the holidays and everything was literally booked out.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at Vista del Mar. The hotel was very clean and the room was spacious and good value for money. The staff were also friendly and let us leave our luggage their on our last day after we checked out.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2015

The first time I stayed here was Aug/90 and then again Dec/90 to Apr/91. I returned in Aug/96 again in 2001 and again just recently.
While the hotel hasn't changed much since I was there the first time the island surely has.
The Miramar Hotel is definitely basic, I stayed in the room upstairs in the front by the balcony each time. That allowed me to open the wooden shutter and get a good breeze off the Caribbean. The sea is about 20 - 30 feet from the hotel. They have rooms with washroom and a shared washroom for the other rooms. In the cheap rooms the walls are paper thin, so, you may want to keep your activites on the down low, if you know what I mean.
It's a good central point in which to explore Caye Caulker ... that should take you about an hour or 2.
I used to hang my hammock on the balcony upstairs, looking at the sea and the reef, not far away, and enjoying the breeze.
The Badillo family are very helpful and are there to help you if you have questions.

Room Tip: grab a room upstairs in the front so you can open your window and get good airflow.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times and have always enjoyed it. The rooms, although basic, are always clean and the showers have hot water. There is a ceiling fan and standing fan to cool you at night. The 2nd floor has a nice veranda where you can sit and watch the foot traffic on the main street. It has always been quiet when Ive been there. There is a small shop next door you can get a nice Belizean breakfast. There is also a small grocery store next to it, that is very convenient to get a cold beer. Across the street is a excellent coffee shop if you miss your starbucks. It is centrally located in the village and not too far from the split. They have wifi, although I didnt use it since i have a data plan in belize. Stayed there with my girlfriend and infant son.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends