All reviews blu restaurant tuff e nuff swim up bar dive shop sandy point water taxi rent a golf cart local coffee memory foam in town mexico rocks belize city restaurant food is retaining wall secret beach kayaks and paddle boards coconut shrimp
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

This is an absolutely beautiful place. It was recommended to me by a very close friend. My husband and I just wanted a quick getaway where we could just unwind with no decisions or schedules needing to meet. WE wanted for nothing upon our arrival we had Cynthia, Amir, Wayne, Sherylynne, and Synercio ALL waiting to make our trip memorable. And YES this is a TRIP we will not forget. Thank you To ALL Costa Blu WE will definitely recommend to our friends along we will return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Sylvia C
Reviewed 30 July 2018

My husband knew that since I work with children, I like to go away and not have them too close by; thus he booked for us to stay here. The resort was very pretty, clean, and quiet. The bartender at the outdoor bar was so sweet and personable. The pool with swim up bar (which the water in the swim up bar part is warmer than the rest of the pool) is amazing. The rooms were clean, but my sheets had a mark on them and I hate seeing anything that looks as if bleach wasn't used. In addition, the air conditioner continued to get ice build up, which would release chunks of ice in the middle of the night causing me to have a heart attack.
The reason I would reconsider staying here when I return is that it is located about 7 miles from town and the cost for a golf cart is absurd. They charge $50 for up to 4 hours, where you can rent one from town for $50 for the day. In addition, there are fees for the boat taxi which can add up too- $8 one way into town. Bike rentals are $5 for the day; which is reasonable, but with the unpaved roads, you end up not being able to walk for some time after a few hours riding.
Overall good stay, but a little more pricey than we expected to get back and forth to town which is a 7 mile hike.

Room Tip: all rooms have balconies that face the ocean...
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank autumnfigueroa19
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Let me start off by saying that this resort is very far from town. It can be good or bad.
There are two options: Fastest route--Pay for the water taxi every single time or Rent a golf cart but its a slow go because the dirt road is filled with potholes and bumps. Depends on how you would like to get around. Both were good in their own ways.

As for the resort itself it has a quiet and chill vibe. It wasn't too busy, good staff, and decent food. The bartenders were fun and friendly. The staff helped us book the golf cart at a decent rate. Everyone will try and compete. Shop around.

The room was very spacious, comfortable bed, a little outdated but not a big deal.

Lastly if you are expecting a beach of somekind don't be because there really isn't one. It's a sea wall.

Room Tip: Request the second level
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank thisguytravels303
Reviewed 26 July 2018

First time in Belize and we were blown away by how nice the people were in general but especially at our Costa Blu! Service was top notch and we could tell they really care about their guests! HIGHLY recommend this resort!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 July 2018

This is a beautiful resort located between 30 and 40 minutes from San Pedro town, via golf cart. Having done that, I recommend visitors not rent a golf cart to get here but utilize the hotel's water taxi service. It's quicker and more convenient with regular trips to town and back.

The grounds are stunning, the pool is beautiful with a bar. It has a gorgeous beach with volleyball, bean-bag toss, and plenty of hammocks to relax on. There is a massage table right on the beach. Paddle boards and kayaks are free to borrow. If you want to go to secret beach (And yes, yes you do!) I recommend just renting a bike from the resort and have a pleasant bike ride! The road is so bad outside of town, it's honestly not worth renting the golf cart and the ride is splendid on a bike!

The rooms are clean and nice. There are a few problems some might not like. First, the sitting area and the bedroom are different, which mean there is no TV in the bedroom. This is fine, but I know some people really prefer to sleep with the TV on. In our room, the walls were all completely white. Not even an accent wall or much art on the walls either. I noticed other rooms had accent walls, which would have really improved the feeling of the rooms. The floors have those big tiles with huge grout gaps, about an inch thick, and sometimes I really don't like that. The furniture is mostly wicker, so not the most comfortable, but not uncomfortable either. However, the view is stunning, the bed is soft, bathroom small but clean, and each room has it's own deck space that was truly peaceful.

Numerous iguanas can be spotted regularly on the grounds. Being so far away from the city, it seems extremely quiet. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous and room service delivery from the hotel restaurant was free! The restaurant food is, alright, not the best on the island. But we utilized a couple of tour offerings from the on-site company are were really happy with our experience. The resort is right off of Mexico rocks, and that's a huge benefit!

All around, I'd highly recommend for those who like quiet escapes with minimal interaction with other guests or people in general. It's a bit far, but worth it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple