All reviews water taxi hummingbird suite ambergris caye golf cart screened in porch fish dive shop perfect balance free bikes every morning baby oil rum punch full kitchen piece of paradise truck stop in town on a daily basis
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Vel and I had a great experience in San Pedro.. The accommodations were fantastic. We had a very difficult time with our flight due to delays trying to get to San Pedro from Belize City. I called Terri and explained our situation, she was very accommodating. The plane was delayed in order for us make the final flight of the day to San Pedro Island. Terri was instrumental in making that happen. Once we arrived to San Pedro our stay was really nice. The staff at White Sands Cove were really nice and friendly people. The atmosphere was peaceful and quiet. Terri set Vel and I up for a Day long excursion that was fun. The only downside to our stay was the smell from the seaweed.. The smell was very overpowering at times.
Overall, it was a great experience and a very overall relaxing vacation. Additionally, Secret Beach was a lot of fun!!!

We highly recommend the resort. Much thanksTerri and the staff.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Terri A, Front Office Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are so happy that you had an "Unbelizeable" first trip at White Sands Cove. Thank you from the entire White Sands Cove team for such a wonderful review.
Yes the smell is pretty bad when it comes to the sargassum. Periodically, Belize, along with other areas of Central America, The Caribbean, Mexico, and USA, will experience periods of Sargasso Seaweed washing ashore. Sargasso seaweed comes from the Sargasso Sea in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and is normally kept at bay by water temperatures and currents. Over the past few weeks, Belize, along with Mexico, the USA, other areas of the Caribbean and Central America, has been experiencing days with Sargasso seaweed washing ashore. Travelers should be aware when visiting coastal areas in any part of the world that seaweed may be present and can emit an odor. The influx of the Sargassum is a natural occurrence but the quantity of it has become extremely unnatural due to experimental chemicals that have been dumped into the Gulf to contain oil spills. Some of these change chemical structure that develop into fertilizers that the Sargassum have gobbled up and now, countries all around the Gulf are dealing with a problem which was unnaturally created.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best part of our stay was the excellent service! We were greeted by Rosie, who was super sweet and made us complimentary drinks. Terri gave us great information about the island, arranged a taxi to pick us up from Belize Express Water Taxi, and always let us rent bikes for free. Brittany, the bartender, made amazing drinks and was always a friendly face to see in the mornings for breakfast.

Speaking of breakfast— the Belizean breakfast with fry jacks and the breakfast burrito are a must! The happy hour wings for $6 USD was also a great deal. We were within walking or biking distance from Paco’s Tiki Bar, Stella’s Wine Bar, and Aji Tapas which were all delicious.

We stayed in room B2 which was perfectly air conditioned and offered a beautiful ocean view. We were picked up right from the pier in the mornings to go scuba diving.

Thanks for the best time— we wouldn’t have wanted to stay anywhere else!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

First of, Thank you for this amazing review.
As a team we are humbled and happy that together, we were able to meet all your needs, and become part of your family. Your words further serve as an indicator of the great job that our staff is doing.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First of all, I would like to thank the staff at WSC for their hospitality. They made me feel like family and were extremely attentive, warm, and helpful at every turn. My room was very clean and housekeeping made sure that it was tidy, fresh, and neat every day. Brittany, Terry, and Rosie were the best!

Golf cart rental made any location accessible when I felt my destination was too far to walk, although there were many places easily within walking distance. There were 3 grocery stores very close by, so you could keep your kitchen adequately stocked if you didn't desire to go out to dinner.

The resort is very quiet, peaceful and extremely relaxing. I obtained a massage, booked by Terry, and it was absolutely the best I have ever had! I highly recommend it, given by Brasilia (? I am not sure of the spelling of her name).

As a lone traveller, they all took very good care of me and gave me suggestions on what to do, where to go, and things around the island to keep me busy. I, however, was on sort of a working vacation, so I was unable to do all of the various things suggested, regrettably. I WILL be returning to do them.

The water taxi was always prompt. Transportation was never a problem for me, as I have read other negative reviews from other travellers. Perhaps these travellers do not understand how to travel outside of the U. S. Planning ahead is a necessity.

The island was on "off season" so I DO understand the limited services and amenities. No reason to have full on staff and food services when only one or two people are going to use them. Best to do your research on seasons and holidays when travelling if you expect 24/7 luxuries.

I want to address some of the negative reviews and these are my opinions on some of them. Don't travel to a tropical area if you don't expect mosquitoes and ants. Yes, there are a large quantity of insects. Nothing humans can do about that. I covered myself in insect spray, and sat outside on my unprotected porch at night and read for a couple of hours. Wasn't disturbed by them. Just do your own due diligence and realize you aren't surrounded by concrete, which should be a blessing.

The overflux of Sargassum...yes, it is overgrown and crowding the shoreline. It gives off an overbearingly noxious smell and I was VERY alarmed when I first arrived. So much so that I stayed up in the middle of the night to do research. The influx of the Sargassum is a natural occurrence but the quantity of it has become extremely unnatural due to experimental chemicals that have been dumped into the Gulf to contain oil spills. Some of these change chemical structure that develop into fertilizers that the Sargassum have gobbled up and now, countries all around the Gulf are dealing with a problem which was unnaturally created. It isn't any of these countries' fault and they are dealing with it as expeditiously as possible, but do not have the resources to contain it completely. So please, people, before you cast blame on the country you are visiting, understand the underlying source of the problem and do not focus on Mother Nature's revenge. Instead, complain about the REAL issue and maybe the huge corporations will stop using our international waters as a chemical laboratory experiment.

Anyway, off soapbox...you get a bit used to the smell after a day or so and then really begin to enjoy what this beautiful place has to offer.

Overall, I was made to feel like family, it was a perfect place to concentrate on my work (I am a writer) and rejuvenate, have a bit of fun, and recharge my physical batteries.

I SHALL return!!

Room Tip: I had the suite G2, which was perfectly centrally located a few steps from the pool, bar and office.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

First of all thank you for such a wonderful review, the entire team at White Sands Cove cannot stop reading and smiling .

It is reviews like your one, give us the entire team energy to look forward to an amazing beginning and ending of season. We strive for every guest to have an amazing time and for it to be stress free. As a team we are humbled and happy that together, we were able to meet all your needs, and that we achieved our goal, making sure that you feel the love and warm welcome that only family can give. Your words further serve as an indicator of the great job that our staff is doing.

Thank you for becoming part of our White Sands Cove family and see you soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Dear travellers,

I have just returned from an amazing trip to Belize. The thing that made this trip very pleasant and enjoyable was my decision to stay at White Sands Cove.

This resort is exactly what it says on the tin. It’s just the right distance from San Pedro town and is easily reachable by any mode of transport and considering that bicycles are complimentary at this resort, it is a bonus for having an amazing time here.

My villa was in an immaculate condition and I was very pleased to see that it had a separate living room. I found it very comfortable. However I would like management to consider installing more discreet curtains in the villas as I find the current ones it D2 to be very transparent. I would also request that the shower unit be aligned to its correct position.

I found the staff to be very helpful, attentive and friendly, with the exception of one. Terri and Rosie have been extremely helpless and they are the stars of the show along with Carlos (the guy that helped me on the kayak) for me. Terri, I believe is the manager and has a natural tendency to go above and beyond to make things happen for her valued guests.

The resort is a kayak ride away from the reef and hence is very convenient for an avid snorkeler such as myself. It’s also along the water taxi route which is a bonus for when one doesn’t fancy biking it or golf carting it to town.

Although the sargassum problem along the resort as well as the whole of the Caribbean is a never ending problem, the resort try their very best to clean it. But once you go past that and on the pier the smell disappears. This resort does indeed makes the traveller aware of this and everything else that has been mention by some travellers in a negative manner. I strongly suggest you read the hotels details on their website before you venture out into booking a stay here only to find out things that you were already made aware of by the resort.

There is no beach here, but there is a pier where you can take a complimentary kayak out to the reef for some fantastic snorkelling and fishing.

Solo travellers please be weary of anyone asking you for anything that may seem out of the ordinary at this resort. All staff are amazing with the exception of one! Please make Terri aware of any such incidents.

This resort is overall fantastic for a peaceful and relaxing stay. It almost feels like home away from home.

Thank you Terri.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Munira A
Terri A, Front Office Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

The White Sands Cove team would like to thank you for such a wonderful review. Thank you for sharing your personal experience with future potential guest about the wonderful time.
It is reviews like your one, give us the entire team energy to look forward to an amazing beginning and ending of season. The issue that you had with the one staff has been resolved and that will not be happening again. We strive for every guest to have an amazing time and for it to be stress free. Once again thank you for seeing past that issue and seeing that every staff member strives for the best your best experience once you are under the care of White Sands Cove

Reviewed 17 August 2018

The accommodations were great for our family with 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths. Plus we had a nice view of the grounds and ocean from the 2nd level. However, there was a huge amount of brown seaweed that had collected at the seawall of the resort and hadn't been cleaned up like in other areas of San Pedro. The smell was similar to sulfur/rotten eggs and we could even smell it inside our unit with doors and windows closed. However, when we walked a couple blocks down to an oceanfront restaurant, the smell was gone, since the seaweed had been cleaned up in that area.

Room Tip: 2nd level unit closer to the ocean, assuming the seaweed has been cleaned up
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank bshehane
Terri A, Front Office Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

First of all thank you for sharing your experience with future potential guest.

Periodically, Belize, along with other areas of Central America, The Caribbean, Mexico, and USA, will experience periods of Sargasso Seaweed washing ashore. Sargasso seaweed comes from the Sargasso Sea in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and is normally kept at bay by water temperatures and currents. Over the past few weeks, Belize, along with Mexico, the USA, other areas of the Caribbean and Central America, has been experiencing days with Sargasso seaweed washing ashore. Travelers should be aware when visiting coastal areas in any part of the world that seaweed may be present and can emit an odor. Like other resorts during times when Mother Nature strikes we hire extra staff and work diligently to keep our beach clear. In fact, we have been complimented, encouraged and supported by our understanding guests during this time for our efforts and are proud of our staff. Unfortunately with us, we also have vacant properties around us and so the smell and the brown seaweed is coming from those areas.