All reviews water taxi ambergris caye golf cart screened in porch fish dive shop perfect balance free bikes every morning baby oil rum punch full kitchen piece of paradise truck stop in town on a daily basis front office
Reviewed 7 July 2018

My wife and I discovered this place and booked a room for 1 week. After arriving, I quickly realized that all we had to do was ask and we would receive. Anything we needed help with Terri was quick to provide us with assistance. She basically removes any anxiety whatsoever from the equation. I was quite surprised how quick she was to provide answers to any request we had. If we wanted a massage, she asked one time and where and she would have the person there to do the massage. If we needed to go somewhere, she asked what time and the taxi driver was there or she would provide you a golf cart if you decided to drive yourself around. If you wanted to go snorkeling, she asked when and for how long and she make it happened. If you wanted to go to dinner at a certain place she asked when and what time and she set the reservations for you. If you wanted to take a boat ferry somewhere, she asked when and set the reservation for you and the boat picked you up at the end of the pier at WSC. If you wanted to go kayaking over to the reef and needed snorkeling gear, she would have her staff to bring out the kayaks along with life jacks and put them in the water for you near the pier and she would provide you with the snorkel gear. This same story line goes on and on whether you wanted to ride bicycles, etc. I don’t want to bore you with everything she provides you free of charge, but the point I want to emphasize is whatever you want she gladly takes care of for you and all you have to do is ask and you will receive. The other great thing about this resort is its location and proximity to everything. You are 7-8-minute golf cart ride to the bridge 2-4-minute ride to several restaurants and bars. If you decide to head down to the “Secret Beach”, you are a 21-minute golf cart ride to the beach since the road has been repaired. I have been to San Pedro several times and I have stayed in Ramon’s Village and Sun Breeze Hotel in town and this was by far my best experience from a service point of view, value, quietness, location and relaxation. I will stay here from now on when I return back to San Pedro. This was the best Belizean vacation ever and we had only been home two weeks from a seven-day all-inclusive vacation in Cancun in which will all got sick. Travel tip…if you drink beer take a Koozie that holds a bottle so that your beer stays cool longer and if you like mixed drinks take your “Yeti, RTIC” or whatever metal cup you use and pour your drink inside. Your drinks will stay fresher longer because the sun and humidity in Belize melts everything fast and warms your beer bottle super-fast. Take your Koozie and metal container wherever you go, you will be happy that you took my advice on this one. Eat well and drink lots of beer and alcohol while vacationing in Belize.

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank Art W
Terri A, Front Office Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Every single member of the staff is overwhelmed with joy.
We are happy that you found in us the "Perfect Boutique Resort."

It is reviews like yours that makes each and every single member of the White Sands Cove team smile and know that we are all doing something right.

Thank you for acknowledging the different staff members, the staff are always saying that reviews like yours is what feeds their souls and gives the energy to continue working hard.

See you soon and thank you again for sharing your experience with potential customers.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Didn’t stay at the resort we stayed next-door wish we had stayed here it was beautiful the restaurant and bar excellent! Our bartender Brittney makes the best rum infused drinks on the island. The Panzanella salad was excellent along with the dinner special jerk chicken with mashed sweet potatoes delicious!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sickels66
Terri A, Front Office Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

First of all thank you so much for the review.

We are happy that you enjoyed the meals and our amazing bartender, she does make the best rum infused rums.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I like the food, therew was great customer service given by Andrea, Adrianne, Terri and all the staff there. The site was so beautiful, the property was beautiful, the room decoration & presentation was phenomenal. I loved the pool especially the lightening at night and how they kept it clean. There’s nothing about this property I didnt love. I loved the rum punch, the complimentary bike rental, the knowledge that the staff had about the area. I loved the astonishing customer service. I loved everything and I will be returning again and again. If you’re looking for the best place in Belize to stay come here, you wont regret it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mimi G

first of all thank you so much for them review.

We are happy and humbled that together, as a team, we were able to meet all your needs.

Thank you for mentioning our staff, they are always encouraged by positive reviews such as this one, which serves as a fuel driving their desire to offer superb service to all our guests.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Love love loved our stay here! The staff was so helpful and the property is absolutely gorgeous. We had a nice 1 bedroom condo-style place, right near the front office and the pool. The pool is large and very refreshing, and the bar is right next to it. I also liked the beach area with hammocks and beach chairs scattered across the sand. Everyone was always very friendly and helpful. The food and drinks were good, even though they bar/restaurant sometimes closes a bit early if it’s a very slow day. As a bonus, they have a good library and some of the best AC, and free use of bikes and kayaks.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jmdadventures
Terri A, Front Office Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you from the entire team of White Sands Cove, for writing such a wonderful review.

As a team we are humbled and happy that together, we were able to meet all your needs, and become part of your family. Your words further serve as an indicator of the great job that our staff is doing.

See you soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I am giving my rating a 4, which is very good, and it was a very good stay. I really, really wanted to give it a 5, but I want future guests to know exactly what to expect so they enjoy this place as much as we did. You are visiting an island off the coast of a developing country, it isn't your local Hilton. We did our research, so much of it was not a surprise and we had a fantastic trip, but there were a few curve balls.

First, as you have already seen in many other reviews, Terri and her staff are fantastic. From the time you book to the time you check out, Terri bends over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. Brittney was a ton of fun at the bar in the evenings and Ashton was a super nice guy for the day bar shift. Adrian, their maintenance lead, was extremely responsive on the few technical issues we experienced. We never met any of the cooks but every single dish we ate at the bar was delicious. Total 5 star on staff, hands down.

Second, the grounds are AMAZING and groomed/raked daily, I couldn't stop taking pictures of flowers, palm trees, and the view out to sea. Yes, there is sea grass and sometimes it has a pretty gnarly odor that you do eventually acclimatize to, there is no beach and really I doubt you'd want to swim at the end of the pier (never saw anyone actually do it and we were there 10 days) but if you didn't know that booking your trip, you didn't do your research. Again, 5 star.

Next, accommodations. As mentioned in many reviews, these are individually owned bungalows that are centrally managed. Our party had three rooms, A2, A3 (oceanside) and E2 (poolside). We were in E2 - it was fantastic - well equipped and had air conditioning in living room and both bedrooms. I specifically booked E2 because from other reviews, its closest to the wifi. We knew that the wifi would likely be weak, but our first curveball is that the wifi was mostly completely down our entire 10 days. It would come up for a few hours then go down again. Terri did what she could and even had a technician come out, but still had issues. So again, manage your expectations....come to unplug or don't skimp on your cellular roaming plan.

Second curve ball was a little technical issue we had two nights with our septic, but as previously mentioned, both times, Adrian was on it immediately and it was addressed. Again, island, close to sea level, pipes buried in sand, issues are going to happen, no worries but the wifi was a bit of a letdown (weak wifi was expected, mostly zero wifi was not).

The others in our party staying in A2(1B)/A3(2B upstairs) while they had oceanside (which you do pay a little more for) they had no A/C in their living areas which face the east, so they got rather warm rather quickly. It also put them closer to the sea grass, so all in all, I think we had the better deal in E2 - it was also nice you could tell that the owner really put in some thought.....hangers, hand soap, lots of plastic cups to take to the pool. So accommodations get a solid 4 and the only reason not a 5 was the wifi issue.

There were two other issues that should be mentioned that along with the wifi, the only reasons I couldn't in good faith give a 5star review. One was the advertised kayaks for check out - there was only one and it was down for maintenance half the time (apparently someone ran it into the reef and poked a hole in it, it was epoxy'd to fix it but by the next day it was leaking again....not safe). There were supposed to have been two so at least there would have been a back up, so we never did get to try to kayak out to the nearby reef that is mentioned as a selling point.

The other was the washing machine situation. We had specifically asked if there was washing machine availability to plan our packing....we packed light because we were told yes and even brought some laundry pods. So about midway through, we had an open day with no excursions, I went down to find out where the machines were, and find out that out of 4 washing machines and 4 dryers, only 1 washing machine was working and it was booked up to launder the towels/sheets for the rooms. Parts were on order to fix the other machines but coming from the U.S. and not due for a few weeks (again, island life). Terri offered to take whatever we needed most and get it in the laundry queue, but that it might be 2-3 days, which we didn't have. So on my vacation, I did hand laundry in the sink and dried it on the railing...which really, would have been quite fine if I had expected it.

So overall, a high 4, more like a 4.5, but just couldn't quite stretch to a 5. While there were a few issues, what really kept this from a lower score was how well Terri and the staff responded and did what they could. The other guests were all super nice and being able to get picked up directly at the pier for excursions was very convenient.

If we make it back to Belize, I would totally stay here again. Terri, thank you for sharing your slice of paradise with us and hope to see you again!!

Room Tip: E2 was a great room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank KimR20180606
Terri A, Front Office Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

first of all thank you so much for them review.

Yes unfortunately we have curve balls here in Paradise, it is the beauty of living on the island and we are happy that you noticed that we do everything to remedy these situations.
Our staff is always encouraged by positive reviews such as this one, which serves as a fuel driving their desire to offer superb service to all our guests.