See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It sounds like this place has possibly closed, but I booked over the internet with DC just over a month ago and he was very responsive...until he got my payment. I had to cancel, well within the free cancellation period, but I never got a refund. I have been completely unable to contact them since I cancelled and I have never gotten a refund. I would not recommend booking here unless you want to end up having to make a credit card dispute :(

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aliwilli15
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Warning to travelers!

As of 6 May 2014, this hotel and restaurant are NO LONGER IN OPERATION. Do not reserve or put a deposit down for rooms at DC & Szana's Country Cabana. The reservation will not be honored as the owner's have left the country.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Dora P
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Loved this place! Rooms are large and clean. There is a beachfront balcony for all guest to share with a couple of tables and chairs and a hammock or 2. For a beautiful beach front location this place is great value for money. Would stay here again :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kezbez
Reviewed 1 May 2014

THis place is a value for sure. Right off water taxi, close to all the shops and restaraunts and right on the beach. The room was clean and the a/c worked well. THe staff was nice and there is a bar and restaraunt. Not bad for the price. BUt I will say the room is very very old, sparse and could definitely use some updating in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2014

On a recent trip to Ambergis Caye we were blessed to come across DC and Szana's Country Cabana and stayed there 3 nights. We found it by going into every single hotel up and down the beach in quest of a decent yet affordable place to stay, after deciding to leave the terrible hotel we had originally booked for 4 nights but vacated after the first awful night . It was just what we wanted and couldn't believe our fortune to find! DC and Szana, a married couple from Texas, were the perfect hosts, friendly and accomodating. The rooms were more than adequate, especially for the value: the ac worked well, as did the refrigerator, wifi in the room, tv and hot and cold running water and you were allowed to flush your toilet paper (not all the hotels we looked at could boast all that, and Pedro's had none of it). We also felt safe there which was not the case at Pedros. There was a nice communal balcony with table and chairs overlooking the beach, a restaurant downstairs/beach level with delicious and affordable food (I had the best fish burrito I ever had in my life), as well as entertainment! DC plays guitar and both he and Szana sing. They were great! We danced and they had karaoke one night. The music ended early so it was not disturbing to anyone trying to sleep in the upstairs rooms. Because it was owner operated, we felt that we were treated especially well - they really wanted us to enjoy our stay and we did! There was also a very nice "travel agent," Mel, affiliated with them for anyone who wanted to book tours, etc. The location was perfect, right on the beach in the middle of everything, a very short walk to shops, scuba/snorkeling/fishing outfitters, other restaurants, etc. We were very happy with the price (we paid $65 US per night). My only fear is that they're so good we'll never be able to get a room there again unless we book ages ahead of time!

Room Tip: There are not many rooms, I'm sure any would be fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple