For the category of inn, this place was excellent. Simple, but comfortable, and well maintained. They have seats out front of each unit as well as a couple hammocks. Beds were comfy and the breeze off the water kept the rooms cool. I found it very relaxing.
Two things I'd improve;
1. Water pressure, while not a big deal, sometimes it barely came out. It might just be build up on the shower heads. Not a deal killer though.
2. There were no hangers or hooks to hang things. There is a dresser, but it's nice to be able to hang up some wet items to dry. Even some hangers in the room to hang on the shower rod would work. Also, being a diver, it'd be nice to have a spot to hang your dive gear to dry. Even just some hooks on the wall with a bin below to catch the water; cheap, and effective. Or hooks on the wall in the shower stall.
I liked the place, and will stay here again when I come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Conch Shell hotel awaits you. We are located in the heart of San Pedro Town and are surrounded by the best dive shops, restaurants, bars and tour operators. Enjoy one of our 10 Reef watching renovated rooms. Choose from upstairs rooms with mini-kitchenette and TV or Our Downstairs rooms with mini-fridge. We also have wireless internet available to our guests. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Conch Shell Hotel San Pedro
- Conch Shell San Pedro
- Conch Shell Inn Belize/San Pedro