Xanadu did not disappoint! I will start with the rooms. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo right on the beach. The location really couldn't be better. The condos are a little dated and sort of rustic in appearance on inside. If you are expecting or desiring the Ritz, go somewhere else. They rooms were very clean and full of all the amenities you would want are inside, microwave, fridge, t.v., phone, full kitchen, pots, wine opener, bottled water, a.c. This is really convenient when traveling with kids who may not want to eat out every meal. We made a few trips to the store for fruit, cereal, soup and snack food along with wine and beer for the adults. The grounds are very clean and well-kept and just gorgeous. We wanted a family friendly atmosphere and this was just it! The pool is nice with lounge chairs in abundance. While there isn't a restaurant on site, we walked to Rico's at the Banyan Bay right next door for breakfast and lunch several times as well as took our golf cart there. It was nice in a way to make us venture out more without just eating at the convenient on site restaurant. They offer free bikes and have smaller ones for kids as well as kayaks and snorkel equipment for rent.
The staff is amazing at Xanadu. They helped us with restaurant ideas and reservations, excursions, grocery locations, they arranged our golf cart for the week (this was very nice to have although it would have been easy enough to get around without it, we really enjoyed having it when we wanted to go out and about) We always felt safe while on the property.
We loved the location of Xanadu--very close to the town of San Pedro but enough removed as well, easy access to all shops and restaurants! We used J/J's laundry service (we dropped off dirty clothes and picked them up later that day for $about 10 USD) right outside the resort. There are several small grocery stores within walking distance as well. There is also laundry on site at Xanadu-I just chose not to do it myself.
The location is great, the grounds are amazing. The convenience of a more condo type atmosphere worked well for my family, traveling with kids. If you want brand-new, high end, this may not be the place. If you want a great experience, clean and lovely accomodations, you will not be disappointed with Xanadu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, HRS, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro