Caribbean Villas Hotel
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$127
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Spindrift Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$53
Pedro's Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$61
Las Terrazas Resort(San Pedro)
US$349
  • Pool
US$430
US$414
Orbitz.com
Seven Seas Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$120
Ocean Tide Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$123
Hotwire.com
Caye Casa(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$151
Travelocity
Sapphire Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$237
Elvoline
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$145
TripAdvisor
All reviewsperchbeach barbird sanctuaryambergris cayegolf cartwater trampolinezip lineclose to townoffice stafffront officeking bedwater pressurelocation was perfectfishair conditionerdowntown san pedrowalk along the beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have traveled to Belize 6 times over the past couple of years. Each time we spend some time in the jungle and some time on ambergris caye. Each time we have stayed at a different hotel, or rented a house. I have booked our next visit and we are returning to Caribbean Villas. The staff is helpful and easy going. Our accommodations were clean and well stocked. The food from the bar is convenient and tasty, and so were the drinks. The beach is nicely maintained, no simple task !
see you in June ;)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lizamil
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This was my first trip to Belize; I went down for a small family reunion and we couldn't have picked a better place. Overall, I feel this hotel is the best deal on the island; affordable, beatiful beach, great views, 20 minute walk to downtown, complimentary bicycles, and tons of shade if you want it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Everything was good (owners very friendly, maid service very good, quick free transfers from and to the San Pedro airstrip, well maintained grounds), except for these few things:

1. Noise not from our AC, but from the next door unit's AC: the window facing our next door unit's wall AC did not have glass, just shutters, which meant a lot deal of noise coming from our neighbors' AC unit. The worst part of this is that you could not control the noise because it was not your AC.

2. Breakfast: I felt this was a little switch and bait. Went the first morning to the bar and the guy there said they were no longer doing free breakfast. Later on we stopped by the office and inquired about this. The guy in the office talked to the guy at the bar on the phone and in the end said they needed to get food for breakfast from town. I said ok, left and did not attempt to go to breakfast on any other day. We tried to focus on the positive aspects of this vacation.

3. Lack of private or semi-private balcony space: our unit only had a very small and very public space outside with two plastic chairs and one table that barely fit in the space. Just like others said, you could get the ocean view only if you opened the door and went outside.

4. Bathroom needs updating really badly. See attached picture of the shower.

5. Beach cleaning: there was only one guy cleaning the beach and it looked like it was a full-time job. At the end of the day, there was sea weed still left on the beach. We incidentally went to another resort towards the south of the island for lunch one day, and their beach was totally clean, so I know this is not mission impossible.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank m124124
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Randy Engelsman

Well yesterday was Sunday at the Villas Palpa bar, The Catamaran, BBQ and Jr Sailers, oh yes and us young at hart, had a go at it on the Hoby Cats (Sue and I lost first round) What a day Lunch a beer or two and you just can't be part of the Jr Sailers Club without having fun.
San Pedro Belize and the Villas you just can't beat that for Vacation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We did much research on where to stay and were very happy with our choice. Loved the close proximity to town and made our week so much easier being close to town. A leisurely 15 minute walk along the beach and you were in the heart of life in San Pedro. We stayed in room 3 which gave us some room to move about but wasn't overly large. Rooms were kept clean by the daily maid service. Bedroom was secluded and led to a very ample sized bathroom. Two downsides....the refrigerator made alot of noise and the air conditioner was a bit noisy but nothing that ear plugs couldn't take care of.
The grounds of the resort were nice but not spectacular. Beach was nice but not your type of pristine white sand beach that you would find throughout the Caribbean. It was raked daily to clear it of the seagrass. Pool was kept very clean. They have hot tubs that I didn't venture into but heard people talking that they were too hot. I didn't see them being used often.
The Catamaran Beach Bar is a perfect compliment to the resort. It was a common gathering place for resort guests and people just walking by. They served up a yummy lunch as well as a good dinner. Pricing was inline with anywhere else on the island. I was a bit disappointed in the breakfast that I ordered the last morning we were there.
One of the best things about Caribbean Villas were the staff. Luis and Tony in the Catamaran Bar were very friendly and very easy to strike up a conversation with. Don't know the 2 girls names that take care of the food at the bar but they were also very friendly. Anyone I dealt with at the front desk (Gladys and Tony (I think)) were very friendly and helpful with any of our needs to making dinner reservations at Aji Restaurant and just helping with any questions that we had.
Overall I loved the place. It is not your lay on the beach, show up for dinner and be waited on hand and foot type of place but rather a smaller mostly do it your self type of place. If that is what you are looking for and you are going to Ambergris Caye then I definately would stay here.

Room Tip: Room 3 was steps from the beach bar and a ground floor unit. It was close to the action. If you want quieter you may want another room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends