We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Mata Rocks and would recommend it for a stay on Ambergris Caye.
It's a little south of town, which we really appreciated. The heart of San Pedro is bustling and loud, and we were grateful to leave that each night and return to our quieter, peaceful hotel. However, if you're not up for walking a ways and don't plan to rent a golf cart, you might want something closer to town. It was a 20-30 minute walk to get to the center of San Pedro from Mata Rocks. The hotel has bikes available for use at no charge, but you can't take them out at night. And they're not in great condition anyway.
The staff members at the hotel were wonderful - always willing to help us arrange tours, give advice on restaurants and keep the grounds and our rooms spotless.
We had a standard room, and although the accomodations were small, they had everything we needed, including a TV. To our surprise, we were even able to enjoy a Thanksgiving football game from Belize. The bed was very soft and not all that comfortable, but that was really our only complaint.
If you're looking for something unique and not the typical big Belizean resort, this is a great spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro