All reviews fly fishing great fishing fishing lodge grand slam family style fishing director casting lessons salt water other guests guided fishing recommend el visited el fishing stories lodge rooms the main lodge bone fish days fishing
Reviewed 11 October 2017

A spontaneous trip with a friend of 35 years led to an excellent fishing experiences at El Pescador! The facility is well equipped to create a fly fishing memory worth repeating. The staff and guides make the trip an easy one. All connections, food and fishing are arranged. We did not have to make any other plans for our trip as the lodge handled everything we needed. The food was fabulous with made to order breakfast and lunches. Dinners were enjoyable family style affairs offering the opportunity to learn from other guests. Our fishing guide took the time to teach us how to improve our casting and seemed to have a sixth sense as to where the fish would be.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank John G
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Beautiful clean surroundings, excellent accommodations, great food, terrific hosts, and most importantly, great flats fishing. Plenty of Tarpon, Permit and Bonefish. The guides work hard to make sure everyone catches fish.

Room Tip: Everything from single rooms to multi bedroom villas available.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

As a professional fishing guide I have hosted a group trip to El Pescador for my fishing clients and friends each year for the last three years. The staff at El Pescador never fail to deliver anything but the best service. This year was no exception. From the food, to the accommodations, to the fishing experience..everything was top notch! Thank you once again to the El Pescador family!!! See you next year!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2017

My wife and I just returned from a trip to El Pescacdor Lodge on an Orvis trip and cannot say enough about how great the experience was. From the time you arrive at the airport and are met and taken by boat to the lodge until you return to the airport everyone treats you as a friend, knows your name, makes you feel welcome and goes out of their way to make you feel at home and ensure you have a great time. While not having many saltwater trips under my belt, I fished with two different guides over the three days; Tomas and Gordie and cannot say enough about how easy going they were, pushed you when you needed pushing and coached you when you needed coaching. We caught plenty of Bone Fish and plenty of opportunities for Permit and Tarpon. I took advantage of the complementary casting lessons and I saw a huge improvement in the ability. My wife was along as a non-fisherman and loved the lodge, laying by the pool, venturing into town, snorkeling and enjoying the spa, she had a great time and the staff worked hard to arrange excursions and ensuring she had a great time. We both cannot say enough about food, it was second to none from breakfast to dinner and everything in between. Ken and Anne the lodge manager met us at the dock when we arrived and made sure you were happy the entire week, they are very hands on, have dinner with the group and are just a pleasure to be with. I just cannot say enough about El Pescacdor and my wife and I are already planning another trip down, this will be a place we return year after year.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank hinesjim
Reviewed 25 September 2017

3 sons and a father - we gathered from various corners of the US and met in Belize - our expectations were beyond exceeded from fishing, accommodations, food, staff and the entire experience! Well Done El Pescador! you made this a very special trip indeed!

Room Tip: as a larger group we rented one of the 3-bed villas on the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family