From the moment Ricardo picked us up from the airport to the moment Steve & Isa escorted us out on the dock to leave, El Pescador became our "Home Away From Home". I can not say enough about the staff & owners. They always had a smile on their face, willing to help, and made you feel like family. They are what makes El Pescador so special!! I am ready to go back just to visit them!! The food is exceptional!! You will definatly NOT go away hungry!! We did eat in town a few times, but only because we wanted to try some of the restaurants on the island. The resort itself is well kept....the beach area, in my opinion, one of the best & largest on the island. They raked it every morning & it was always clean. Beautiful palm tress & other natural landscapes are also what makes it so breathtaking. It is truly a tropical paradise! We stayed in Villa 2-3 and were not disappointed. The views were amazing! The living area very comfortable. Kitchen area stocked and ready for use. Bathroom a little small, but adequate. Bedroom an average size & king bed comfortable as well. Loved the balcony & hammock... relaxed on it daily. There are 3 pools...2 saltwater & 1 freshwater. They are always clean. El Pescador is a fishing lodge, but there is plenty of other things to do if you aren't a fisherman. We fished for one day and did 2 snorkel trips. They also have bicylces & kayaks you can take. You can easily ride the bikes up & down the beach. It is only 2 miles to town, so it's an easy bike ride. We did this a couple times. Also, if the El Pescador boat is making a trip to town, you can hop on & ride with them...free. You will then just take the water-taxi back. If you want to do some snorkeling around the reef...just ask for a kayak & you can paddle out to the reef, tie off on one of the buoy's and snorkel at your leisure. There is some GREAT snorkeling along the reef. Would highly recommend. I could go on & on about our wonderful stay at El Pescador......so, if you'd like to know more, ask questions, receive tips, or see pictures....just send me an email. I'd be glad to help. El Pescador isn't a "Fancy" place, but we didn't go to Belize to be Fancy. If you want to experience the natural beauty of the island, the warm, friendly people, and the comforts of home...then El Pescador is the perfect place. If you let it, it will become your "Home Away from Home".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro