All reviews dive shop golf cart belize pro dive center ambergris caye full kitchen sea grass in town every morning ocean front on site restaurant living room swim up bar grocery store lovely pool nice place to stay master suite explore the island
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We had a really nice stay at Banyan Bay while diving in Belize. The dive shop (Belize Pro Dive) is fantastic and really convenient. It was low season so there was hardly anyone here (which was nice for us). Our place was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The price was very reasonable. We would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
BBay_GColony, Marketing Officer at Banyan Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Fins up, Eileen!

We are so thrilled to read that your found our resort and on-site dive shop ideal while on your much-deserved vacation to Belize. We work really hard to offer our wonderful guests all they will need in the best possible environment and we are glad that that was reflected in your last visit. We sure hope to host you all once again... cheers!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

What makes a resort great? Besides being meticulously clean with a beautiful room (G3), an excellent restaurant, wonderful landscaping and magnificent views… it’s unquestionably, the people. Banyan Bay has a staff of incredible people who are obviously trained well to care for the guests every need. Such is the case at Banyan Bay in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. They unquestionably give what I call Above and Beyond Service. From the moment I made the reservation with Fatima, to check-in and the wonderful front desk staff of Vanessa, Cleisha and Chelsea, to the incredible team at the restaurant including Bianca, Domingo, Vianne (“V”), Minelia (she’s a kick), Lucia, Elias and Cindy and then the girls at the coffee shop in the lobby, Lillian and Miriam, the security guards Glenn and Aldo and last but certainly not least Fares (he made sure our golf cart was perfect each morning). You can rent your golf cart right there and they'll even make arrangements for everything on the island. Phenomenal would be an understatement.

I would also like to say something about the people who gave negative comments about the "seagrass." You can't be that ignorant. How can you blame the hotel for something that is done by God and natural movement of the Caribbean Sea? Seriously? It smells bad? It smells like the sea! And the hotel? They had 5 men out there every morning raking in as much of the seagrass as they could. You want to see a pristine beach, take the beautiful ride to Secret Beach. You wanna go for a swim at the hotel? Jump in their gorgeous pool.

Seriously, Trip Advisor readers… if you’re going to Belize, don’t even think about staying somewhere else. Banyan Bay is truly, truly phenomenal! I cannot wait to go back there and I give it my highest endorsement!

Room Tip: Best room in the place (I probably shouldn't say this but... it's G3!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank JeffB309

Hello Jeff!

WOW! What an amazing and candid review of our resort, we cannot thank you enough. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers. We were pleased to read you were more than satisfied with your suite and are very understanding of the Sargussum phenomenon that is plaguing us. I have relayed your shout-outs to our team and it brought smiles to their face... priceless! :) We value your opinions and are very excited to host you once again on your return to La Isla! Cheers Jeff!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

My wife and I were very happy with our choice of Banyon Bay Suites for our week-long stay in San Pedro. Our room, D6, was a large two bedroom unit with a lovely view of the pool and surrounding grounds.We were able to glimpse the Caribbean Sea through the palm trees.
The front desk staff, security staff and Pier 366 restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. With the benefit of a low season, free breakfast perk, we ate at Pier 366 every morning, Daily room service to make the bed and change the towels was unexpected; but, very much appreciated.
One of our best decisions was to rent a golf cart for the week. In about ten minutes we could be in the middle of down town to shop, go to a restaurant or catch a water taxi (very reasonable rates) to Caye Caulker(well worth the 25 minute ride) and/or Belize City.
The purpose of our trip was to SCUBA dive.Having both the Belize Pro Dive Center and Pier 366 restaurant on site made it easy to be at the dive shop by 8:30. Over all this was a beautiful place. If we return someday to Ambergris Caye we will definitely stay at Banyon Bay Suites.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 55John1941

WOWZA! Excellent review and testament for other travelers looking for an experience unlike any other. We thank you so much for your candid and wonderful remarks of your stay, @55John1941. We work really hard for all our guests to enjoy every minute of every stay and I am thrilled that that was reflected in your last visit. We look forward to your return and trust you will pass along your experience with you friends... Til we meet again, cheers!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Belize was a belated birthday present to myself and I brought along 7 others with me. Initially i wanted half our stay near the jungle but Banyan Bay had an incredible promotion going on for a 5+ night stay that I just couldn't turn down and I'm so glad I didn't. The property is beautiful and they take pride in their grounds. There is a slight problem with seagrass on the island but there were workers out there every morning raking it away to keep a good view. My only complaint was the smell of it but that can't really be helped.

To save some money we went for the pool view suite and we still had a view of the ocean once we walked outside so that was a win for us! The suite was newly renovated and it was very nice. 2 bed, 2 bath, full kitchen and living room with a dining area. It was perfect for our group (we had 2 suites). We did have an issue with no warm water the first night but they quickly had maintenance come by and it was fixed in no time.

The restaurant on site is delicious! The coffee is amazing and their Belizean breakfast with fried jack is a must! You can't go wrong there. The servers were very accommodating and patient with our large group.

The staff was great! The ladies at the front desk were so helpful!! Special shout out to Chelsea and Jessie. From the very beginning they were very personable and super welcoming. These two alone are enough of a reason to return! My boyfriend proposed to me while we were there and they were instrumental with the setup and making it perfect. Even aside from that, they were great with any rentals we wanted, taxi rides, recommendations, reminders and excursion set ups. I cannot say enough good things about them!! Another shout out to Diego, the security guard. He was always very helpful and kind, he remembered our names and made us feel safe and welcome.

We used the on site snorkel/scuba company as well and again- fantastic! Fun, knowledgeable instructors who allowed us to really take our time and enjoy the experience.

I 1000% recommend Banyan Bay!!! You won't be disappointed!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tiffany K
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Banyan Bay accommodated is last minute after having to leave our first hotel due to pest issues. We had to move rooms a few times due to the late booking. The remodeled suites are gorgeous. We got moved to an unremodled one and were super unhappy with it. The old ones are 80’s island decor and just no where near the level of the new ones - when we let them know they were able to move us to another remodeled one (thank gosh!). The bar was great, the pool was small which most seem to be in Belize but we still spent time in it every day. It was a bit cloudy as well probably due to heavy use and sunscreen. You can’t really use the beaches because of the stinky seaweed. The restaurant was great. The dive shop was amazing! Great dive guides, great fishing/spearfishing guides- so fun! The construction that started at 7 am even on Sunday outside our bedroom window was not so great. Sunday was the only day we had to sleep in since we were out on the water early the rest of the time. We did not have this issue in the first room because it was on the other side of the complex.
Overall the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple