We stayed at the Villas at Banyan Bay for one week in early March. When we arrived at the airstrip, a porter helped us grab a taxi and we took a 5 minute trip to the Villas. The front desk paid for our fare.
We were shown to Villa C-2 which was a middle unit on the first floor right in front of the swimming pool. We had a good view of the ocean from our front porch which had a table and chairs set up on it. We spent alot of time in the early morning with a cup of coffee or a cold drink in the evening out there.
The unit was very spacious. The wicker furniture, although fitting for a tropical location wasnt the most comfortable furniture I've ever lounged on but really wasnt an issue. The master bedroom and bath were exactly what we needed. The bed was firm but not too hard and there were plenty of drawers and closet space. The second bedroom had two twin beds in it and I could see how the unit would be perfect for a family too. Not so much for two couples? The second bath had two entries...one from the second bedroom and one from the main hallway.
They give you your first liter of water but you are expected to purchase your bottled water for the remainder of your stay. They sell water at the front desk and it is actually cheaper not to mention more convenient than going to the store for it.
There are actually two small stores with just about everything you'd need to purchase less than 1/4 mile from the resort. I walked there by myself and never gave it a second thought. The resort is in a good neighborhood with lots of working class locals riding their bikes and going about their business.
Speaking of bikes...the front desk has a good selection of bikes with baskets on them for you to borrow. Riding into town is fairly easy. Traffic on the island moves pretty slow and bikes are a regular mode of transport.
Town, via the beach, is just a little over a mile away. We made lots of walks there for lunches on the beach, snorkling tours, diving trips and dinner. We'd often stop at one of the beach front bars or restaurants on the way back for a cool (never really got a cold one!) beverage and met lots of interesting travelers.
Ricos restaurant was nice and convenient. It was nice to have our own restaurant on site. The menu was pretty good and the prices seemed to be in line with what we paid elsewhere. Special note. Off to the side of the restaurant, by the gazebo and back door of the kitchen is a very small sign that says "eel feeding - 10:30 a.m." I drug my husband there one morning and I'm glad we went! A member the kitchen staff came out with shrimp shells and left overs from dinner and threw the stuff into the water near the stone retaining wall. These huge moray and green eels...at least 8 or 9 of them...promptly came out and began eating. They were long and creepy and I couldnt take my eyes off of them...delightfully yucky!?
The grounds are very well kept and the resort is spotless. Our unit was cleaned daily. Wireless access from our front porch was fine but 25' into the unit in the master bedroom was non-existant. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes utensils and pans. We could have cooked meals there if we wanted to.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Villas and would stay there again. As I mentioned, we did a lot of walking and didnt really see anyplace else that made us say..."wow..we should have stayed there."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by the beach less than a mile from downtown San Pedro, Banyan Bay Suites offers a great getaway from the everyday hustle and bustle of life. Featuring 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms poolview and beachfront suites and 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms beachfront suites, with kitchen fully equipped and central air conditioned. Spa is available onsite. A 3-level fresh water pool. Pier 366 Seafood House located by the beach offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. A full service diveshop onsite, that can help in your diving and snorkeling activities. A tour desk that can help in fishing and trips to the mainland including the Mayan temples, ziplining, cave tubing and the Belize Zoo. Banyan Bay Suites is the perfect resort for activities or relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Banyan Bay Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel At Banyan Bay
- Resort At Banyan Bay
- Banyan Bay Suites Belize/San Pedro