All reviews pool bar laundry service golf cart beach basket in town rooftop restaurant bedroom penthouse clean clothes laundry done water taxi toll bridge truck stop ocean view grocery store fitness center family vacation daily housekeeping
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just checked out this morning after a week long stay to celebrate my birthday. The room, staff and restaurants were all 5 star. Excursion staff so helpful in making any and all reservations, which made our stay hassle free. Golf carts are on-site as well so you don’t have to go into town. Highly recommend!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danica R
Reviewed 18 September 2018

This was my first time in Belize ( Sept 2018). We were a group of 7 women sharing 2 3 bedroom condos. The condos could not have been any better. 3 bathrooms. spacious, well appointed. Maid staff was amazing. I had my laundry done daily. They had everything in the condo from a bread maker to a blender. No complaints at all about the rooms. It was lovely.

The staff on property was amazing. The pool service was great. Benny, Rafel and anyone we encountered were kind and quick to offer service.

Property: the property was very well kept. The pool was clean and beach chairs were comfortable. We went during off season so it was quiet.

Beach: Beach are was a tiny cove beach. We were there during the sargassum problem of 2018 but the staff tried daily to clean away the smelly mess. Totally mother nature and nothing they could do. We appreciated their effort. Dock and water craft area were also well kept.

Food: Food on property at Rain and through Room service was very good. Drinks were good as well. This is not an all inclusive so you will pay a nice price for anything. They boast having a grocery on site but it is not a huge grocery. Snacks and drinks are ample but fruit, meat etc are sparse. Take a trip in town to stock up. If you want alcohol, get it at the airport or bring it along. a $12 bottle of Tito's vodka in US was $60us at the stores.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hrob14
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Visited Belize for the 1st time. Hotel/Condo area very nice. Ocean view from every room, but since the seaweed is very bad..don’t pay for a walk out room. There are many nice hotels but no beachfront-ocean accessibility like Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Our resort had everything you needed, but to get around you need to rent a golf cart.
Once you arrive on the main island, you have to take a small airplane or ferry. The activities (zip line, cave swimming, rainforest hiking, etc) are on the main island...once you go across, you are limited to boat/fishing stuff.
Swimming with sharks was awesome...didn’t fish but I heard good things.
Food is good, some spots are better than others. Rent a golf cart for the day and go to the secret beach.
A bit more poverty than I expected, but felt safe.
Food and alcohol are not super cheap like Mexico.
I did miss the sound of the waves crashing...and you can not walk anywhere, those were things I didn’t realize prior to our trip.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just got back from a wonderful week in Belize. We spent 3 nights at Grand Caribe and it was wonderful from start to finish. The resort rep met us at the airport in Belize City to ensure that we found our way to the small island hopper plane. When we arrived on the island a taxi was sent to pick us up free of charge and bring us the the resort which is located about 10 minutes or so north of San Pedro. We were greeted with welcome drinks and an almost vacant resort all to ourselves! It was wonderful. They took our bags up the 3 flights of stairs (no elevators) for us and showed us to our beautiful room. Tour operators pick you right up from their dock and you will be greeted with smiles from the staff anywhere you go. We did eat at the Rain rooftop restaurant one night, but we found it to be a little expensive for what it was. Nice views though! There are plenty of other restaurant options within walking distance. We also opted to rent a golf cart from town instead of through the hotel as it was half the price ($40 USD vs. $80 USD for 24 hours)! Other than that this resort is kept in pristine condition and is so peaceful. We loved every minute and were very sad to leave!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rockymountainblo2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stayed at the Grand Caribe with our two children in December. The condos are absolutely fantastic and there is daily laundry service (included) so leave the big suitcases at home! There is an onsite grocery store and we were able to make a lot meals in the condo. We rented a golf cart a couple of times to motor around the caye but I wish we would have rented it for the entire week. There are so many great restaurants and a few will pick you up at the resort and boat you to their property. The front desk staff is amazing and helped us book mainland excursions. I can't say enough good things about this property. We will be back!

Stayed: December 2017