All reviewsfamily cottageprivate beachtaco shackbunk roomgarden cottageempanadasminute boat ridewater bedsbeach bedsbritish colonialaerial yogadirty martinigyozadiamond membersmartini barthe cottagesrent a golf cart
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Our family had the best time here. Staff is top notch- kind and professional. They are certainly still building up the resort but it doesn’t really feel that way. Accommodations were awesome- the three bedroom villa was perfect for our family of 5.

Lovely all in all- would highly recommend it!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank c2foca
Edward D, Director of Sales at Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear c2foca

Thank you for visiting us at Mahogany Bay Resort and Beach Club on your recent trip to Ambergris Caye. We are very glad that you had a wonderful experience.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

The hotel itself is beautiful and the attention to detail is bar none. The rooms are really comfortable and beautiful at the same time! The private beach is awesome - they have everything for you and it is clean, beautiful and not crowded. The service at the hotel is super! Our only complaint was the food wasn't amazing, while it was good, it was nothing special. We will definitely stay there again when we are in San Pedro, to us it is the best we've seen on the island - and we've looked! They are new and we know it takes awhile to work out all the kinks and so we have no doubt that they'll really step up the food.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Edward D, Director of Sales at Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Lauri M,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mahogany Bay Resort and Beach Club. We sincerely appreciate your selecting us and for your kind words.

We work diligently to make every guest's stay memorable and continue to strive to offer the best in our outlets. We will continue to improve and we very much look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for a beautiful place to relax, this is it. The property is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I loved my room especially the bed. I usually don’t like a soft bed, but I loved this one..I slept more hours than I’m willing to admit. I was traveling alone and was looking for a place that wasn’t crowded and I would be able to meditate. The property offers several spots for meditation , taking a quiet walk, opportunities to be alone with your partner or moments to reconnect with yourself, family or partner.

The ride to the private beach was very relaxing and Patrick made it even better. His energy is infectious and he helps remind you that you deserve your vacation. The beach..oh the beach..LOVED IT. The water was warm, calm and clean. I also loved that it wasn’t crowded.

If you can, try the spa. No forget that...you must try the spa. The ladies(sorry forgot their names) were very welcoming, warm and helpful. I got a 60min massage and facial. If you only want to try one thing..get a massage. I floated out of there after I was done.

The bartender and pool guy was also very friendly..although he tried to scare me with a Friday the 13th story. Drinks

Ok for the things I didn’t like.
1) The food..lacks flavor. Go into town for more flavorful and cheaper food. I tried several times and it was a let down EVERY time.

2) I had a headache and asked for Advil, Tylenol or generic ibuprofen at the front desk and I was told that they do not provide that to the guest due to addiction concerns..jaws dropped. This baffled me as I work in the mental health/substance abuse/health insurance field and I think that I’m updated on my addiction literature. I resisted the urge to better educate the staff and I also didn’t want to come across as the addict they’re afraid of and of course I can always be wrong. Seems to be a poorly informed decision though ‍♀️. Please reconsider. So people, if you’re prone to headaches, aches and pains..don’t forget to pack your preferred Ibuprofen or acetaminophen. My day was ruin as I was forced to retreat back to my room with the shades drawn.

Gently recommendation..offer a dinner cruise around the lagoon. Or an after dinner ride around the lagoon.

Overall, I had a great time and I left feeling very relaxed and cared for. Shout out again to the Spa ladies ‍♀️

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Edward D, Director of Sales at Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Odile M

Thank you for your recent visit to Mahogany Bay Resort and Beach Club. We sincerely appreciate your visit with us and for your detailed review. We will use this in our ongoing team training.

We hope we have the chance to welcome you back and I know the team at the spa is looking forward to that as well.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

We explored the entire island and I can tell you without a doubt this is the nicest and most luxuries place on the island. Its not on the beachside of the island but offers an amazing private island that is just a 7-10 min boat ride away. Once you get there it fells like you are really in paradise. First and foremost there is no stinky seaweed. The other resorts on the beachside have rancid and smelly seaweed that is all over the entire side of the island. The private beach has waiter service into the water. Meaning the servers will walk out into the water to deliver you a drink. My husband LOVED this.
The pretty four poster loungers will cost you 60$ a day to rent (that is what I was told) we didnt rent one and didnt see the need as there was plenty of different kinds of shaded and direct sun seating. on the sand and in the water. They had games and best of all kayaks and paddle boards all for free.

The rooms are quaint, clean and private. The property is beautful and well laid out. We met the owner of the Martini and hot dog place and recommend you go there on the property. The coffee place was awesome for my morning coffee as there is no machine in the room. We had to go there daily for ice to make our evening cocktails - i dont think they liked that but we didnt know where else to go for ice.
You really must rent a golf cart and explore the island. You can rent them there!
The Bookings ( george was awesome and helpful) service helped us out with our dives, snorkel trips and exclusion for cave tubing a ruins. Complete full service in that sense. They would take you to the location or arrange for a cab pick up. We did price comparisons and can tell you that their prices are very competitive so take advantage that its right there.
Here is a great tip for you - there is a mahogany bay store in the Belize airport were you can check in and coordinate your ride to the hotel. wish we knew about that in advance.
We met some great people during our week at the Mahogany bay and would definitely recommend it for THE place to stay when visiting Ambergris Caye.

Room Tip: Rent a golf cart and take advantage of the "booking services"
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ronni C

Thank you for selecting Mahogany Bay Resort and Beach Club during your recent visit to Ambergris Caye. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and and we appreciate your very kind words about the facilities and services at the resort.

We very much hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I suggest packing bed bug spray for your visit to this resort. The rooms are spacious and appear to be clean, however the beds are not being treated properly. Stay away from 327A or you will experience painful, itchy bed bug bites. I certainly did not expect to experience such a shocking, traumatizing bed bug event during my stay at a 4 star Hilton property.

The MBV Resort is a place to relax, no daily/nightly resort activities or entertainment is offered.
Given the nightly room rate and the resort fees one would expect more activities. The food vendors accept US dollar, however your change is Belize dollar so ensure you get the correct change back.

The complementary 20 minute boat ride to the private beach club is worhr it.
The beach is beautiful, the service is excellent and the shrimp stuffed jalapeños are delicious.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Edward D, Director of Sales at Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear ctm2cu

We are very distressed that you experienced an issue when visiting Mahogany Bay Resort and Beach Club. We sincerely apologize. The team has thoroughly inspected the unit you resided in and found no traces of bed bugs we are glad to report. The mosquitoes on our island tend to be rather aggressive and although we do what we can to treat the property daily, we realize that being in a Caribbean destination, our efforts are sometimes not enough.

We are glad that you did enjoy the Beach Club and we hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.