1,513 results
All reviews tuff e nuff swim up bar water taxi in town ambergris caye sea view suite golf cart hot tub beach staff volleyball net belize city full kitchen amazing pool sandy point cave tubing rum punch belizean shores
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This resort offers an oasis of escape from the ordinary to the extraordinary! It has the best cascading pools and swim up bar. The only pool with a water slide and diving rock. On site Restaurant transports you to Tuscany. Fine trimmings and excellent service.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank niaseals
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We chose Ambergris Caye because of its proximity to the second largest barrier reef in the world (after the Great Barrier Reef in Australia). It did not disappoint. We saw so many different fish (far more than you'll see in any other Caribbean destination given the coral / reef damage that's taken place over the years), swam with (docile) sharks, and my husband and sons joined me in PADI open water scuba certification on the trip via the 5-star PADI-rated White Sands Dive Shop, which picked us up via speed boat at the resort dock each morning that they trained. Great experience. All equipment was included, so you don't need to bring anything.

E-learning beforehand via the PADI website made the certification process super fast for my guys, unlike my own experience in the early 1990s. Choose your check dive shop first and they'll send you a link so they are alerted to your elearning results before you arrive.

The resort has its own scuba / tour / water sports service called Tuff e Nuff. I can't comment on it since we didn't use it, but it looked good. Don't know if it was 5-star rated by PADI.

The resort is great - fantastic salt water pool with massive water feature that we climbed up into / jumped off / slid off (big slide). The restaurants produce good food. Expensive, but good. Comfortable beds, clean accommodations, fresh towels daily, and we had a suite that had a kitchenette, which was useful. We went to the grocery store a couple of times and cooked breakfast and lunch in the suite.

Rent a golf cart upon arrival. About $50/day, but it makes getting around the island easier and more fun.

"Secret Beach" is a nice place to visit (since the other side of the island has a lot of sea grass since it's protected by the reef, so not a great beach) but all of my boys were attacked by "sea roaches" when they ventured far out, which put a damper on the excursion. Apparently, they are stirred up when you venture out on foot. They do bite and latch on. Not fun. A little creepy.

The ferry from Belize City port is far cheaper than the puddle jumper plane that takes you from Belize airport to San Pedro airport.

1  Thank MegMR
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My Mom has dreamt of traveling to Belize for as long as I can remember. My sister and I made her dream come true recently for her 70th birthday. We stayed for a heavenly week at Coco Beach Resort. This place is beyond amazing and the pictures don’t even do it justice!!! From our pick up at the Ferry to our welcome rum punch to checking in to the complimentary wine and beautiful flowers... Everything was PERFECT AND AMAZING!!!!! The accommodations are so nice and comfortable. The grounds and its beauty take your breath away. The breakfast place was great with amazing coffee. The more formal eatery was simply divine! Get the ceviche! Pool area and bar was inviting and Ashton served up the best drinks and smiles. Don’t look a second longer!! Book your vacation today!! You’ll be soooo happy that you did!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank amybeckum23
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

My Family and I spent three blissful nights at Coco Beach Resort. It was the perfect weekend getaway. Their pools are perfect to relax with a glass (or three) of margaritas. The service was excellent. The guys at the bar made sure our glasses were never empty and that our tummies were filled. The food is great, as well! We stayed in a Two Bedroom Sea View Villa and loved our room. We were a stone throw away from a pool and the beach, but we still had all the privacy we could ask for. The room was clean and stocked with every kitchen utensil you could ever need, for those who want to cook. I would recommend this resort to anyone, especially those looking to get away from it all. We will definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MyraP126
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We just returned from a week stay at Coco beach resort. It was truly one of the best hotel stays we have ever had. From the moment our driver met us at the ferry, we were taken by cab to the resort where we were greeted with a delicious rum punch and a tour of the resort by the excellent Gabriella Magana. Gabriella is the concierge and she was always available, knowledgeable about the area, and accommodating in every way. The resort was clean, safe, beautiful and spacious. We especially loved the beach out front and spent a wonderful afternoon drinking margaritas and enjoying the view. Mike, our favorite bartender, gave us such excellent service. He was always available and was great with our kids, showing them some amazing bar tricks. Between the excellent service by both Gabriella and Mike, we cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Trip type: Travelled with family