“Authentic Yummy Food, Warm Hospitality”
Review of Ammore'Pasta

Ammore'Pasta
Ranked #37 of 199 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Description: Genuine italian restaurant with real Italians coking... Simple, cozy family restaurant. check the daily menu on our facebook page. always available Focaccia bread and Lasagna. we bake our bread and focaccia as all the pastry. fresh sauces from scratch every day. reservation is a must for groups more than 8 people. open for dinner with to go(take-out) service always ready for lasagna, salad and pizzas.
Reviewed 15 January 2017

If you are looking for a warm welcome, personal attention, and delicious, authentic, homemade Italian food this is your place! Davide and Donatella are a lovely couple from Milan who give everything their personal touch. They take care in selecting everything from the freshest ingredients to the wine and Italian coffee. The lasagna was fresh with homemade pasta. The bruschetta was the best I've had. My boyfriend and I were looking for a break from seafood and it this was perfect. I've never had panna cotta before......it was incredibly good, the perfect few bites of something not overly sweet. I would go back here in a second!

Reviewed 14 January 2017

Had their lasagna while visiting recently. Although it was tasty, i thought the size of the portion was relatively small for the price. Approx $12.50 US for one small serving .
Would not recommend.

Davide S, Owner at Ammore'Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

thank you for your review.
But i have to ask why you have not told me anything at the table? you will have had more lasagna to be satisfied. Is funny I ask always if is everithing ok or if you need anything!
for other welcome guest I point out that you can see pictures of the lasagna on trip advisor and that we portion the lasagna by weight, not by square size. tipically the portion is among 12 and 14 ounces, served with home made focaccia bread. the pasta for lasagna is usually home made too. everything in your dish is cooked by scratch with just fresh and mostly home made ingredients. Ingredients that are all imported and first quality, so also more expensive than in your local drugstore....
This is the price to eat good italian food in the carribeans.
just for the cronicles, in a good local carribean restaurant you will have a portion of rice and beans with stew chiken for 26 bzd plus 12.5% of tax, exactly 15 usd.
none the rice or beans or the chicken are imported or hard to find.
As we are willing to know if you are satisfied and we ask several times during dinner if we can do something for you, please be sincere and ask or complain at the table, later make almost no sense.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Have been here for a week and was looking for a change from seafood everyday. The owners met us at the door and we immediately felt at home.
Terrific, authentic Italian .
Very intimate , great value, attentive service.
Loved it!

Thank you very much for your review.
I reply to you also to say thank you to all other welcome guests that becames sometimes friends! We enjoy cooking and having a chat with our guests.
for us everybody enter our small kitchen is a precious guest and his time here have to be the best possible. good time is priceless!!
even most of times we share our story with yours and this is fantastic!
we try to run this place as we would be pleased to have visited one like this in our past voyages. something different and genuine.
hope to keep in touch and to see again most of you, our most welcomed friends.
Enjoy your life!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

After reading all the positive reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to try this restaurant- A menu was not offered and the daily specials were not priced - I ordered the daily special as suggested by the Owner - Terrible, microwaved and not fresh and terribly overpriced- Will never return!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Davide S, Owner at Ammore'Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Hi, I have just reported you to tripadvisor as you asked to pay just 15bzd for your meal.
I can understand if the complain is at the table,telling me what's the proplem to fix it, not this kind of black-mail tricks to have free dinner.
you guys think to eat for cheap or free or street food price, this is not you place.
we cook every day the main dishes and we bake everiday bread and focaccia.... EVERYDAY.
I'm sorry about this things. as you don't put your name on this tell everything.
hope that other happy customers will reply to you as well with real good reviews.
this is again a way to point out that this is an expensive island.
I hope the tripadvisor team will investigate and remove this review, even if usually they don't check even the identity of the reviewer.
please take a look also to the facebook reviews whitch are with a face of real people. thank you. do you think is of any help to leave such reviews the same day of other good reviews?
have a nice day.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

You know it's a good Italian restaurant if every table in the place is full of Italians talking about how good the food it. It's owned by the cutest couple from Milan. Best bruschetta I've ever had! Super nice people, very accommodating, best panna cotta too. They make everything from scratch daily including their pasta and sauces. If you want some really authentic fantastic food at a reasonable price then look no further. I've paid way more for way less. Seriously the best food on the island so far.