US$323
US$182
US$356
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$137
  • Pool
Holiday Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$108
  • Beachfront
Mata Rocks Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$128
US$320
US$287
  • Pool
Sapphire Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$120
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

Mayan Princess Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$143
  • Beachfront
Hotel del Rio(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
Sandbar Beachfront Hostel & Restaurant(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$48
  • Beachfront
All reviewstackle boxsan pedrohol chan and shark ray alleyfishmexico rocksdive masterdive shopbudget roombaby oilbarrier reefboat trafficnurse sharksaquarium restaurantremote locationminute boat ridesea grassgreat snorkeling
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Just spent a week here with my wife and our 12 year old son. The location is remote but the resort picks you up in San Pedro by boat and takes you along the coastline for about 35 minutes. There are only 11 individual air conditioned cabanas so the experience is very personal - the meals, fishing, snorkeling, kayaking and Padi dive center. The manager, Mark, is South African and could not be nicer or more accommodating. The dive center is small but the instructors and dive leaders are first rate! It's a great place...

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert B
Tranquility T, General Manager at Tranquility Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear Robert B
Thanks so much for sharing with the readers your experience with us here at Tranquility. I am glad that the three of you had a great time. I will definitely pass on your praise to Pablo it means a lot. Travel safe and keep warm and I do hope we get to see you after Bonaire :)
Take care
Your Tranquility family

Reviewed 9 March 2017

We specifically chose this resort for its snorkeling and the isolation. It is truly beautiful, and while it's not as isolated as we expected (some golf carts/ATVs going by on the weekend, and a few fishing boats in the bay), it's still as quiet as it gets. We like the intimacy of a small resort, getting acquainted with the other guests and the staff, feeling "at home." We especially loved being right on the beach and being able to go snorkeling without having to "go" somewhere. Tranquility Bay definitely lives up to its name, and we would definitely come here again.

The water was delightfully warm, even in late January. I get cold easily in the water so I brought my wetsuit top, but never wore it. Perhaps my expectations were way too high from the glowing reviews here, but I was a little disappointed in the snorkeling. The water was a little murky, especially closer to shore, and the current made it a challenge to "stay put" to watch the fish. We didn't see the variety of marine life others have reported, nor the variety of tropical fish we've seen in some other places. We might not have been in the right places. But the coral was beautiful, and we always saw something interesting. We did learn to time our snorkeling to the higher tide times. It doesn't seem like a foot of water would make a difference, but when the whole bay is only a few feet deep, it does! We could not float over the coral (or the bottom close to shore) at low tide.

We stayed in the budget room, #11, which was very spacious and lovely. Comfy sofa and chair for lounging, nice kitchen area, good sized bathroom. The bed was among the most comfortable we've ever had anywhere, including at home! Veronica kept it spotlessly clean. We found it in very good condition. Others have mentioned the rooms needing maintenance, but in a tropical climate, everything always does! This room is the only one not facing the ocean, being to the back and side of the Prime Ministers suite. You are only a dozen steps father away from the ocean. It does mean you have to go outside to watch the sun rise, instead of looking out the window, but that's not much of a hardship! At $100 less per night, it's a fantastic bargain. The windows have screens so we enjoyed having the sea breeze come through. Unfortunately, those little no-see-ums (or sand fleas or whatever they are) come through as well, so when the breeze went down, we had to use the A.C.

Meals at the restaurant are truly delicious. We stopped at the grocery store in San Pedro to get some provisions to have lunch or a light dinner in our room each day, and had one meal in the restaurant (breakfast is already included). Groceries were so expensive in San Pedro that I doubt we saved a penny. If you want to do that, get your groceries in Belize City. A better idea is to just eat in the restaurant, you won't be sorry!

Everywhere else we went in Belize, we could fill water bottles from large bottles in the restaurant or reception area. At TBR, we had to purchase a large bottle (5 gallon) for our room in order to get drinking water. Even over 5 nights we didn't need that much water. It seemed a waste of a valuable resource, and a petty expense.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay at TBR, and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The budget room is on the far end, adjoining the Prime Ministers suite on the back, opening to the side. Ocean view from the porch.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank midgeo

Dear Midgeo
Thanks so much for sharing such an indepth review for our readers. I am just glad that you enjoyed the warmth of Belize and our surrounding. The points you made are valid indeed, about the depth or lack thereof and the currents, we are very subject to the weather here in Belize. The wind plays a factor and churns up the bottom rather quickly and the moon phases play a role in the strength of the currents. New and Full moons are of the strongest currents we have. The marine life is most definitely here and can be illusive with the change in weather.
I will definitely pass on your compliments to Veronica and the Kitchen as this will be greatly appreciated.
I am grateful that you mentioned the grocery prices, this is a challenge at best and then we still have to bring them all the way to the resort :) Thanks so much for mentioning this to the readers.
Again thanks so much for your time and your detailed information for our readers.
I do hope we get to see you again soon.
Your
Tranquility family

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent 6 nights and 5 full days at this wonderful resort in January of 2017. We found our cabana to be clean and comfortable and the beach area was well-maintained. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The restaurant served up excellent meals in a beautiful setting on the dock and we even saw tarpon and a moray eel from the dock during the evening!

The snorkeling was excellent. The reef is an easy swim from shore so one can snorkle on a whim. We did two excursions to snorkle at Ho Chan reserve which was outstanding! Beautiful schools of fish, picturesque reef, and sharks, eels, stingrays, and turtles!

The only complaint we have was that the drinks were rather weak...could have used a lot more rum! But other than that we had a terrific time and highly recommend this resort.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tod W
Tranquility T, General Manager at Tranquility Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Dear Tod W
Thanks so much for taking the time to write and share with the readers your experience. We are so glad you enjoyed yourselves and were looked after. I wish you had let me know about the cocktail sooner as we could have solved that issue rapidly :) although do beware the drinks have a hefty side to them, problem is they taste so good :)
Take care and safe travels
Yours
The Tranquility Family

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I'm still here and leave tomorrow. In a resort, I want value, convenience, quiet (aka relaxing) and access to good snorkeling and good food. So location really matters.

First, the snorkeling is excellent. Within 100 feet of the shore is a small reef but a long swim out to huge reef where I saw many types of fish, etc. There are free kayaks to paddle out there and they will return it for you. The current pushes you (mostly) to shore.

The food at the restaurant is a good value. We ate there 3x a day with no issue. The cooks do a great job. The included breakfast is excellent. The seafood is also excellent. My wife normally never ears seafood and ordered it often.

The rooms need some updating but nothing that concerns us. We are not fussy people. Location is more important.

The manager hires great people who believe in great service. Everyone working here are awesome.

I treated my stay like an all inclusive except no one is over drinking. Awesome!

I'll come back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lljjgfdsdffghhjjjjvvg

Dear Lljjgfdsdffghhjjjjvvg
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this, we truly enjoyed having you here and hope we do get to see you soon. You absolutely nailed this place, location, food, beach, its all here and without the hordes.
I will pass on your compliments to the staff as they will be delighted.
Take care and see you soon
Your Tranquility Family

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Our tour guide took us to Tranquility Bay for a drink and I immediately fell in love. The natural beauty of the place, the availability of great drinks and food served by friendly staff. This is a place where you would stay and not want to leave. I am looking forward to going back again and again!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bouloys

Dear Bouloys
Thanks so much :) for sharing our little piece of paradise. We do hope we get to see more of you.
Take care and see you shortly
Your Tranquility Family