“Excellent food but overpriced”
Review of South Main Kitchen

South Main Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
South Main Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 550 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I've been here 3 times. They have excellent food but it's overpriced in my opinion. Great place for a date night though. Love the location and food selection. The Brussels sprouts were great, so was the Halibut, and I think I had the special once which was fish and it did not disappoint. I would come back for a special occasion.

1  Thank Gina G

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic craft cocktails, excellent service at the bar & with our server, Lauren. Food was delicious & fresh. Wish we lived closer-would be my "go to" spot!!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

So we've been here a few times and just treated family from out of town there. Tonight was midweek and the place was pretty empty and we sat inside even though they had heaters running on the back deck. We had awesome service and everybody loved their dishes. That was interesting because our guests are not what you would call adventurous eaters. So let me be clear, there IS something for everybody on the menu but it is not your simple/old people food. Its unique and flavorful and you may have to ask what some of the ingredients are. (Or look them up on your phone.) We had a wonderful time. In previous visits, we've managed to sit outside on the top deck when Alpharetta has Canton Street shutdown for events. We've enjoyed dinner and wine while music started up in Downtown under awesome summer evening skies. If at all possible, we almost always try get seated outside. And not to forget, we've met friends for drinks at the bar on weekends when the place has been packed to the rafters and concert loud. So, depending when you go, it can be half empty or butt to butt slammed. We like the less-slammed times (regardless of where we go).

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Got a chance to check this place out on Friday night. The menu offered a variety of good looking food choices. I got the gumbo. No regrets. I went back on Sunday and got some to take home. The kitchen had been closed a few minutes but the Staff was able to accommodate the request. The inside is rustic. The upstairs outside seating was comfortable. Our server was spot on. I will be back. Oh and they do have TVs.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We had a big group and got several different meals. Not one person had a good thing to say about their meal. We all said: no flavor, bland, boring, just ok.

It wasn't busy and took 1.25 hrs to get our food. Service was just ok, too. Won't be back.

1  Thank Triplejatlanta