“Best Middle Eastern Food in Atlanta”
Review of Jerusalem Bakery

Jerusalem Bakery
Ranked #36 of 578 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Reviewed 17 February 2018

My husband and I live about 2 hours outside of Atlanta, but always make time to go eat at Jerusalem Bakery at least once a month. That's how good it is! Everything on the menu is delicious! I recommend the labneh, chicken shawarma sandwich, hummus, feta cheese pie, and knafeh (when available). Definitely worth a trip!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

My wide and I love this restaurant. We tend to eat vegetarian, so the falafel sandwich is our favorite, with "everything on it" including the hot pepper sauce (spicy), sure to please. During those occasions when we eat meat, we also like the shawarma. Their baklava is fresh and delicious. The prices are very reasonable. I take clients and colleagues here for lunch; we come early, they have a brisk lunch business. They also have a small grocery selection and bakery.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Jerusalem Bakery has so much diversity of people who come and enjoy thier food. The servings are all fresh and authentic. The entrees are around 11-12 dollars and the sandwiches and wraps are around 7-8 dollars. The Jerusalem sampler platter (14.00) has everything on it and is big enough for 2 to share. The beef shwarma comes right off the spit and is really good. The kufta was well seasoned and a decent size (you can add it to any dish for only 3.00). The pita is fresh baked and given to you warm. The hummus was everything you love about hummus; perfect consistency, great freshness brought by a hit of lemon juice, and a good quality olive oil. The babaghanough and the Jerusalem salad were really good and the falafel was soft and moist. I've had these items before but here they seem to be closer to what they would serve in Israel or Lebanon. We ended with some pistachio baklava which was again some of the best quality we've had. The staff was all very friendly and it was well attended by those who know this type of food best. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Out running errands we were looking for a light meal and we found a treat. We split a lamb shank platter and orders of hummus and tabuleh. The lamb was fall-off-the-bone tender and well seasoned for great flavor. Very happy to have found this place.

1  Thank Greg H
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I am only compelled to post a review on Yelp if the food is either exceptionally good, or horribly tasteless.

This food was the definition of TASTELESS.

I ordered the Chicken Shawarma Platter which comes with Chicken, Pickles, and a small side of Cabbage on top of Hummus.

Needless to say, this was the most bland food I've ever had and I don't say that lightly as I've tasted cuisines from around the world.

The Chicken had NO flavor or seasoning whatsoever, the same could be said for the Hummus. I'd even go out on a whim and say Sabra has better Hummus, and Sabra Hummus is terrible.

I ordered a side of rice because for some reason the platter didn't come with rice, and the rice also, was tasteless.

I will never understand how this place has such good reviews, because everything I ate was terrible.

If you want Mediterranean Cuisine that will truly blow your mind away, try House of Hummus right down the road. As a foodie, I can say with 100% confidence that you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Zach S