“Best shawarma in the area!!”
Review of Jerusalem Bakery

Jerusalem Bakery
Ranked #3 of 13 Bakeries in Alpharetta
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

These guys have the most authentic shawarma around, theres also a grocery store with arabic goods , plus their bakery pita and pies

1  Thank nasab g

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I visited this place because I wanted to try some Mediterranean food close to me. When you go in it's not really a bakery. I think I was expecting fresh bread to buy and many different choices of desserts but this place didn't have that. The only dessert they had was baklava that day. I ordered the lunch menu chicken wrap and french fries. I should not of gotten the fries they are just regular bag fries but I didn't know if you could substitute a different side. The person taking my order didn't speak the best English and was not very helpful even though there are only two people in the whole place. The bread that my sandwich was on came from a bag so they didn't make it and I kind of thought they were going to being a bakery. It's kind like a Subway sandwich with all the stuff laying out I expected something fresher I guess. It wasn't bad but I won't go back.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I was invited to join my daughter and teenage grand girls for dinner to the Jerusalum Bakery thinking my sweet tooth was going to be filled....the smell of fresh bread being wrapped for distribution to area restaurants fresh out of the oven was my first impression. Then my daughter asked, what do you want to eat? I deferred to her judgement with a sandwich and sides which tantalized my taste buds and filled me to my content. Being a hardy eater and for the love of ethnic foods, the Bakery fills the bill. If you are undecided then go with the recommendation of gracious servers behind the counter or look around to see what others are eating. Over the oohs and awes emanating from customers seated in the dining area, you would think this was a food fest. Different ?, not if you have eaten in middle eastern markets or want something different from the ordinary...here's the place. We were joined by most of the teenage girls and boys who had just finished playing in respective baseball and soccer tournaments and were starving(supposedly), but in short order the food was ready, hot, and delicious. Young, old, and in between ages melted into the modest dining area with unassuming decor. Want a surprise, something out of the ordinary, or want to impress guests then this is the place for you to definitely check out. Good prices, adequate menus, variety, and wait...their dessert are like you won't believe. Of course, we took our desserts home for later as each of us got something different for the lazy susan fanfare of late afternoon snacks. Just the place to try something different that is not your local BBQ buzz, burger mecca or hot chicken wings on a casual weekend or something different for the family when schedules conflict with cooking at home.

Thank William T. K
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I was invited there by a friend of mine thats how i discovered this place. I am hooked ever since. I live a good 21 miles away and still manage to go to them atleast once a week. Thats how good their food it. Try it out. You won't regret it! Specially their Chicken Shawarma! Price is very reasonable too

1  Thank Annie M
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Solid Middle Eastern food. There used to be a shawarma craze back in the Philippines and I never got over it. Being rice eaters, I was delighted to find that they offer their shawarmas in forms of rice plates. My husband and I shared a Jerusalem platter which comes with chicken and beef shawarma, rice, baba ganoush, tabouleh salad, hummus and pita bread. We also shared a mixed kabab platter that comes with chicken and ground beef kabab rice, baba ganoush, tabouleh salad, hummus and pita bread.

It was great that they serve all the sides per platter so my husband and I didnt have to order them separately. I have to say, they had the best baba ganoush I've ever had in Atlanta. Hummus was pretty good too especially with their homemade pita. Of all the proteins we ordered, I liked the chicken kabab the least. It came out dry because they serve is as one pieces of chicken tenderloin instead of cutting it up in chunks. It also lacked flavor because of that. What a difference I believe they could've made with the simple task of cutting the chicken up. I say this because in contrast, their chicken shawarma was awesome. They served it in cut up pieces that were seasoned nicely and cooked to tender perfection. The beef shawarma was good but paled in comparison to the chicken one. The ground beef kabab is also another winner! Next time, we will have to order them separately but that's ok!

This joint is definitely one of the more authentic Middle Eastern joints in town. Their servings are huge so be prepared for leftovers which in my book is always a good thing. We will surely to come back to try the wraps and delicious smelling desserts which we unfortunately didn't have enough room for.