“Out of everything...”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We were at this location for a Guitar Center music recital for my son, held on the outside patio. It was also to celebrate his birthday. We brought our friends along so we were a party of 13 and fully 7 of us are gluten sensitive. We ordered drinks but were told they were out of lemonade and Bud Lite. Um. Ok. Not a huge deal but foreshadowing...
Then when I went to order 6 gluten free pizzas (THAT'S SIX) I was told they were out of GF pizza dough. The waitress didn't even really act like it was a big deal. HELLO. We are at a PIZZA place and over half our group is unable to eat? I even talked to the manager and he said "you can get salads". That's right. Because 5 out of 7 of the kids in our group that are GF want to eat salad while their friends sit and eat pizza?!?!? No way. Keep in mind the music recital is 2 hours long and at dinner time. So I have kids whining about being hungry and I'm trying to figure things out. That's when I had a brilliant idea. I called Domino's and ordered 6 pizza's to be delivered to Mellow Mushroom. It took about 40 minutes but before the recital was over we all had some pizza. I guess our evening worked out? It just bothered me that the people working were so blasé about it all. Like ordering pizza from another place is totally normal (both the server and the manager told me to go ahead and order from Domino's). Like they couldn't be bothered. Like it was no big deal that people coming to eat at their restaurant were unable to eat there. How is that customer service? Oh that's right. I'm supposed to tip no matter what or I'm the jerk. And I'm supposed to know by osmosis that they are out of Lemonade, Bud Lite, and GF pizza dough. OH and turns out they did have Bud Lite. I saw it as I was talking to the manager! Shoddy all around.
I wish we had a good review but honestly the only other time we went here the GF pizza was overdone and the outside edge crust was so hard I couldn't even eat it. It was like trying to bite into a stick of chalk. My husband loves their regular pizza though and other locations have been fine for us. I guess it's just this location? I hope.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I have enjoyed this chain for years. This location is on my daily drive. By far the most enjoyable crust for a pizza. The place is fun and eclectic.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I went to mellow mushroom and learned they had a gluten free pizza. The pizza was excellent, the crust is thin and crispy but the best gluten free I have come across. Servers are always attentive and helpful. Also, excellent iced tea.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Service was great, the pizza was great as expected. We arrived late in the evening but they were happy to serve and accommodate us. We had read that the patio was pet friendly and we are sad to report it is no longer pet friendly. We love this place but sadly we will not be able to return and enjoy the patio with our puppy. We understand that while our pets are well trained and well behaved, some pet owners need to be enlightened on how to conduct themselves while in public with their pet..
If you are a fan of great food in a Laid back fun environment This is the place

Reviewed 4 August 2016

For those that like to try different types of pizza Mellow Mushroom is the place to try.. The staff was great here. The Pizza is so good.