“Good food - service?”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Food is always good there.
The spinach and onion pakoras, sheesh kabobs, paneer dishes in appetizers are great. Main meal - paneer makhni, chicken Khadri, lamb chops all very good. Lassi’s are also great.
Service..... that’s another matter, we need to make sure we are not inconveniencing the wait staff, don’t bother asking them what’s good or what do you recommend. - answer: everything is very good. What’s the most popular dishes? - everything, no opinion at all. There is no follow up to see if the food is good or if we need anything else when the food comes.
So if you can overcome the service shortages, then you will be happy with the food you are eating.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

we ordered take out on New year's eve - there was a huge wait - took about 45 minutes for them to prep our order. But the food was great. We really enjoyed the Vadas, Dosa, Poori and Pongal. The south indian delicacies were fantastic. The Dahi Papadi chaat was average. They have consistently maintained their standards. But their service is average. A little on the grumpy side.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

When I visit the local grocery store next door to this restaurant, I always have noticed large numbers of people going in and out. I’m not into Indian foood but my sister and my friend are. So we went here for the buffet lunch. The buffet was extensive. The food was delicious even if I didn’t know what I was as eating. The drawback to this restaurant was for those of us not familiar with the cuisine there was not a whole lot of explanations above the food for someone like me. Even so everything I chose I liked. Service is mainly self serve...plates, forks, knives etc. very friendly manager. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We have been here several times since an Indian co-worker of our son in Charlotte recommended it. Even thought the name is mis-spelled above - the correct name is Madras Chettinaad - this is a great noon buffet. Some of the food is spicier than i care for and much of it is just right. I never enjoyed Indian cuisine before discovering this place. Come early, or there will be a wait. The place is huge, but it fills with mostly Indian workers from the immediate area. That in itself is a VERY good sign.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

this place is really special - I was surprised by such authentic south Indian stuff. I had a masala dosa and vada and it tasted almost like having it in Chennai. The place is very clean and spacious as well with decent service. was a great experience.