“Saturday dinner ”

The Cedar Grill Gourmet & Bazaar
Ranked #117 of 534 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Description: COME see what all the buzz around town is about! The Cedar Grill is now open & looking forward to the pleasure of your company. We are a brand new #Middle Eastern/#Moroccan restaurant located at 1497 Alpharetta Hwy in lovely #Alpharetta, GA. Open daily until 10. Friday & Saturday until 11. Ahlan wa sahlan! WELCOME!
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came in on Saturday at 8:00 there was only one other table here when we came in. When they left no one else was here. They do not have a liquor license. We ordered a couple appetizers from the tandori oven. They were good. We ordered the gyro platter and I was disappointed in the meat. I did not get pita bread or tomato or onion. The Greek salad was very disappointing. The rice with it was very good. The service was good. We ordered dessert. It was good.

I might wait a while before I go back until they have it all together It is fairly new.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

First time visit. Food and service top shelf.
We had the cedar appetizer(hummus,baba ghanoush, tabbouleh and falafel). Also ordered lentil soup and kibbeh. The wait staff very friendly and brought us warm tea and a fateera cheese pie on the house. Bread made in house in oven. I am excited that we have a resturant serving Lebanese and Middle East foods in this area. Everything we ate was really good. I do prefer the tabbouleh prepared slightly different to a recipe I grew up eating. Will be returning man times to try other items on menus. I have my appetite set on the lamb. If you enjoy Middle East food, go, you will be impressed.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Every part of our dining experience in this restaurant/bazaar was brilliant. We found the restaurant/bazaar online and wanted to try it while visiting family who live in the area. We come from out of state and live in a very small town so we always like to find new places to try when we travel.

Service - From the moment we walked into the restaurant, we were treated with great hospitality, like we were friends of the family. This level of hospitality was a theme throughout our experience and attentiveness never wavered - wow!

Atmosphere - Upon entering the restaurant, there is a pleasant aroma - like a light incense smell without being overpowering. The décor is bright and colorful and elegant as well as authentic (the family travels to the countries of origin for the bazaar offerings as well). The tile work and painted woodwork is beautiful and everything is sparkling clean, including the restrooms (see my picture of the lovely tiled sink area).

Food - Our dining experience was wonderful - we tried an appetizer to start - pita bread brought fresh from the traditional oven (see picture of oven) - you dip the bread in olive oil and then in a spice mix called za'atar or in hummus that is made to order. We then ordered gryros with basmati rice. For dessert we had something called kanafeh, which was delicate and delicious - try it! We were also brought some traditional hot tea and although I'm not normally a tea drinker (more of a coffee person), this was very good and I would definitely ask for it again. Everything that is prepared is halal, which is a process the owners explained to us and it obviously elevates the flavors because I have never had a gyro as good as this! We enjoyed trying the items that were new to us (za'atar and kanafeh as well as the tea).

Bazaar and Bakery (see pictures of the pastries) - we purchased some items - Turkish coffee, some pickled okra, and a really lovely piece of pottery (don't know the name) that can be used for oil on one side and one side for zaatar for dipping pita. The owners also very kindly explained how to properly prepare the coffee and what type of cooking utensil to use. This will help us to properly enjoy the coffee.

We wish we didn't live out of state because this would be a regular dining choice for us. Our family members who live in Alpharetta have already said they will be visiting regularly and when we return to see our family - this will be our first stop!

Primo experience!

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Simply amazing!!! We'd never had halal food before now and we tasted the difference from the bread to the meat! Lots of pure vegetarian options as well!!! Everything from the tea to the bread to the meat and dessert is prepared fresh in house and cooked in a stone oven!!! Simply amazing! The best in Alpharetta!

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

I am over the moon thrilled with the meal I had at Cedar Grill! The wait staff was so attentive and insisted on bringing me this beautiful tea service on the house. I cannot wait to bring my food loving friends to share a meal with! The scharma platter and babaganoush was delicious with fresh flatbread.