My husband & I are very dissatisfied with our stay at Barnsley. We were hoping for a much more exciting time together but, everything was small, old & boring. Our room was smelly, with bugs & the shower not clean & moldy. I also requested a romantic cabin with a view and literally had the least attractive cabin out of the entire resort with a view of side walks and drive ways for the staff on their golf carts. The mini fridge was ancient and barely working and the ice was full of dirt and grass. Initially, when booking directly with the resort over the phone, we weren't told about large groups being there for meetings, a golf tournament, and 2 weddings. Therefore, no availability for sporting clays or the spa. I attempted to call 2 times to book in advance for the spa and sporting clays but, was sent to a voicemail and no one ever reached out to us. Bikes were old & broken with no where to ride them, trails were off limits. Canoes were dirty & full of water with only a tiny pond to canoe on & no one to assist getting in or out as well as the paddles being too short. This honestly should not be listed as an amenity, it was absolutely ridiculous and so disappointing. The horses were dirty & not taken care of. After rubbing the horses neck the entire palm of my hand was stained brown and their were knots in the horses hair. The trail ride was short, uninformed and boring but, supposedly full of history. The horses were old (mine 20 & my husbands 15) and tired stopping every few feet to eat. There were people coming in the opposite direction walking on the same trail we were riding causing us to stop or our horses to stumble off the trail and onto tree stumps where they could have easily lost balance and fell on us. Then we came back down the trail the exact same way we went up. As for the food, on our first nights stay, we ate at the Woodlands Grill where the food was overpriced and not fresh. We spent $241 on food & horrible cocktails. My husband ordered a fish plate & spent the night vomiting & on the toilet with upset stomach and bowels and it wasn't from the alcohol bc he only had 2 small cocktails and he is 6'2 220 lbs. Breakfast was $60 for 2 buffets with a small selection that was barely kept stocked. Dinner at the Rice House was overpriced. I ordered a steak dinner and the steak was nearly entirely. My husband ordered the baby roasted chicken & received a tiny chicken wing. There is also a $26.00 resort fee per day for wifi, cable & parking. All of which are listed on the website as amenities. I guess nothing was free except the dirty ice. When we were rained out on the last night of stay, the cable we paid for wasn't working due to the weather, we asked for firewood for the indoor fireplace and was told no bc it wasn't the right time of year. In all we spent $2, 081.48. We booked at this resort so we could park our car & walk to enjoy outdoor activities and dine just a few steps away as well as enjoy beautiful outdoor scenery. The gardens and ruins were hardly anything to look at. Literally the few pics on the website is all there is to it. So small! My husband owns a business & barely gets to time off working every day but Sundays & tries not to travel too far from home in case of emergency which is why we picked Barnsley to enjoy outdoor activities, and new scenery but, for that price, we could have stayed home drove 30 minutes & had a blast on Hilton Head Island doing outdoor activities, dinning, staying at a 5 star hotel & going on a helicopter ride. We drove 5 1/2 hours & had a very disappointing experience here. We will not be returning & would never recommend a friend to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 60 miles north of Atlanta, Barnsley Resort welcomes guests into a storybook setting enhanced by genuine Southern hospitality. Encompassing 3,300 acres, the historic Barnsley Gardens offers a unique experience. Accommodations at Barnsley Resort are located within 36 unique guest cottages inspired by the architecture of Andrew Jackson Downing. There are 90 guest rooms and suites, or you may also reserve an entire cottage. Whether looking for a relaxing getaway weekend, strategic meeting or an elegant wedding, guests will discover a retreat of privacy and perfection. Amenities include regionally inspired dining, a boutique spa, and exciting recreational choices such as world-class golf,horseback riding, hiking, biking, paintball, tennis, barnyard visits and more. SpringBank Sporting Club offers a 26 station sporting clays course and upland bird hunting at SpringBank Plantation. Guests may also visit the iconic 19th century manor house ruins and historic gardens of the original Barnsley home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Barnsley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnsley Gardens Hotel Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Resort