All reviews golf course woodlands grill rice horseback riding the cottages beer garden get away fire pit skeet shooting living room grounds are beautiful front porch beautiful place take advantage walking trails play golf spa services
Reviewed 13 October 2015

All employee interaction was fabulous, including room service, spa, servers, front desk. We stayed in a cottage that is mostly well appointed. Front & back porch. Fire laid & ready to burn. Wet bar area very useful. The dresser in the bedroom is antique-y (character) but each drawer groaned & squeaked very loudly and could use some waxing. The closet is actually a large armoire (more character), however it is imposibly dark inside requiring a flashlight & the hangars are those annoying hangars that are only useful for theft prevention. There is a nice large shower, but it only had one small shelf that was filled once you placed a bar of soap on it, no room for shampoo conditioner or razor which had to be left on the floor. There is a large free standing claw foot tub, but no stool, shelf, chair in which to place a magazine or a glass of wine, which made it unusable for us. The living room has a nice window seat and a sofa and a very comfy leather club chair & ottoman but again there is no surface near the chair on which to place the tv remote or a glass. These omissions add up to too many items to overlook. This resort has the capacity to be a much nicer experience but the details seem to be unimportant which is unfortunate.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dmmlal
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

This property is only 45 minutes north of Atlanta. My mother-in-law and I enjoyed a day at the spa, while the men and my 9 yo son enjoyed fishing and clay shooting. We hiked the property and enjoyed a beautiful and challenging 18 hole golf course. We saw a nice petting zoo and horse stables we would like to take advantage of on our next visit. The food was excellent, all of it!!! The cottages were rustic, but quaint and comfortable. The spa was not modern like, I'm used to. I think they want it to feel rustic, but it could use some updating. The staff and service was also excellent. So many activities, so little time. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Small room,expensive,nice venue,fireplace smoked up room.. I had reservations for 4 days,when I arrived I informed I would only stay 3 days. They informed me I would still be responsible for the 4 th. I think this is unreasonable. They have a 30 day cancellation policy. I would think if you spend $1000. for rooms, I would use some common sense.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank gene128312
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

I just spent a few nights at Barnsley Gardens with my daughter and husband. We go yearly for a business trip. This to me is such a magical place with history romance and beauty. The cottages are so cozy and the acres of rolling hills and hiking trails are so relaxing. Do spend a week-end there. This is also a pet friendly resort!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Carmen M, Manager at Barnsley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Thank you for spending your business trip with us at Barnsley Resort! We are thrilled you were able to utilize some of the wonderful aspects of the resort such as the hiking trails between interactions with your group. We hope to see you again next year (or sooner perhaps)!

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Our anniversary. Check in was uneventful. Reservation in order. Room not ready so we did a walking tour. Had already eaten lunch. Walking tour was great. Historical ruins and history commentary were excellent. Walked near the lakes and the petting zoo. Back to our room for wine... then dinner at the Rice House. Not many people there as there were business groups having dinner at other places. Meal was exquisite. Service was excellent. Next morning had breakfast at their other restaurant and it was very good. Checkout at 11:00. Wife want to come back next year ...

Room Tip: We had a room with a living room . Quite nice. Slept well in bed and it was a quiet room. Coffee was in room .
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple