All reviews golf course woodlands grill rice the cottages horseback riding beer garden get away fire pit skeet shooting grounds are beautiful living room front porch beautiful place take advantage hiking trails play golf spa services
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

This property is only 45 minutes north of Atlanta. My mother-in-law and I enjoyed a day at the spa, while the men and my 9 yo son enjoyed fishing and clay shooting. We hiked the property and enjoyed a beautiful and challenging 18 hole golf course. We saw a nice petting zoo and horse stables we would like to take advantage of on our next visit. The food was excellent, all of it!!! The cottages were rustic, but quaint and comfortable. The spa was not modern like, I'm used to. I think they want it to feel rustic, but it could use some updating. The staff and service was also excellent. So many activities, so little time. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Small room,expensive,nice venue,fireplace smoked up room.. I had reservations for 4 days,when I arrived I informed I would only stay 3 days. They informed me I would still be responsible for the 4 th. I think this is unreasonable. They have a 30 day cancellation policy. I would think if you spend $1000. for rooms, I would use some common sense.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank gene128312
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

I just spent a few nights at Barnsley Gardens with my daughter and husband. We go yearly for a business trip. This to me is such a magical place with history romance and beauty. The cottages are so cozy and the acres of rolling hills and hiking trails are so relaxing. Do spend a week-end there. This is also a pet friendly resort!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Carmen M, Manager at Barnsley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Thank you for spending your business trip with us at Barnsley Resort! We are thrilled you were able to utilize some of the wonderful aspects of the resort such as the hiking trails between interactions with your group. We hope to see you again next year (or sooner perhaps)!

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Our anniversary. Check in was uneventful. Reservation in order. Room not ready so we did a walking tour. Had already eaten lunch. Walking tour was great. Historical ruins and history commentary were excellent. Walked near the lakes and the petting zoo. Back to our room for wine... then dinner at the Rice House. Not many people there as there were business groups having dinner at other places. Meal was exquisite. Service was excellent. Next morning had breakfast at their other restaurant and it was very good. Checkout at 11:00. Wife want to come back next year ...

Room Tip: We had a room with a living room . Quite nice. Slept well in bed and it was a quiet room. Coffee was in room .
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2015

I didn't stay there. We drove less than an hour from Atlanta to spend the day. We took our bikes to ride the trails. Be aware that the trails are very rough. Even the ones rated moderate. At one point we had to leave our bikes and finish the trails by foot. They are more hiking and mountain bike. Nevertheless, it was a lot fun and challenging. The resort is never too busy, it's mostly used for especial events (wedding, corporate meetings, etc). My husband and I are not used to trails like that, It was a work out. Afterwards we walked around the property and had lunch at woodland grill overlooking the golf course (the meal was okay). We stopped at the ruins and the museum attached to it. The museum guide was a wonderful lady that talked to us for a long time. She was very informative and entertaining. I love the place. Very well kept and wonderful views.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple