“Old with lots of personality. Old. Good food. ”

Papa Joe's Oyster Bar & Grill
Ranked #11 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped hear based on TA reviews. It was okay but certainly can't give it a five. My wife had the eggs Benedict with the crab cakes and beef tenderloin she said was excellent. I had the omelette of the day - turkey, cheese and mushrooms. Okay but not hot. Priced about average for the area.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

It’s not a fancy restaurant no linen table cloths but really great food
The grilled grouper dinner and grouper salad were juicy and tasty. The Texas oysters were sweet and briney and perfect. Cassie our waitress was attentive and met all our needs
A dozen oysters was $11.99. Also a great price

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in today for lunch. Based on TA reviews I was expecting really good food and a nice place. Wrong on both. The food was only average and overpriced. The inside of the resturant was dark and drabby. I should have known all this when I walked in. There were only 3 tables of diners and it still took 5 minutes for someone to acknowledge us and seat us.
Save your hard earned money and eat somewhere whete the locals eat, not Papa Joes.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

This is considered a favorite was the locals. I was referred looking for the best Oysters in town. I wanted them fried but not too greasy. They did not disappoint. Great flavor and very light.

1  Thank Sheila H
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Papa Joe’s is by far our favorite restaurant in the area. We have never ever had a poor meal at Papa Joe’s.

I almost always start with a half dozen raw oysters on the half shell, and they are always excellent – fresh and tasting of the sea. I love them. My husband usually gets the grouper basket, and I often get a bowl of oyster stew. Both are consistently excellent.

The atmosphere isn’t what it used to be when they were on the river, and that’s too bad, but the food has not changed a bit. Definitely our favorite restaurant in Franklin County!

1  Thank JudyFromUpstateNY