“My Favorite in Apalachicola ”

Tamara's Cafe Floridita
Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

A colleague and I ate here twice, actually three times during our business trip in the area. The first and second time were for supper, most of y’all called it dinner. Both meals were delicious, my 1st was the pecan crusted grouper highly recommended, 2nd was the fried platter, flounder, gulf shrimp, oysters and a crab cake, with black beans and rice. Again very satisfying that is if you like fried seafood. Our waitress for both nights was a very attentive and friendly young lady, I need to do a better job remembering first names so I can recommend them. Not all servers are the same. Now our third trip here was for dessert only, had the key lime pie, again highly recommend. The only issue I had with this location was on the 3rd night, dessert night, there was a crowd there it was very loud, our previous server appeared not to be working therefore service was a little slow due to crowd. Now the two other nights small crowd, seem to have plenty of help but 3rd night which I would say was a crowd with a reservation didn’t have as much help. ?????
With all that said I still recommend you visit Tamara’s ( was told by local pronounce tamora’s) the food was great and if you get the right server that will be awesome.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Two of us went in mid-afternoon for lunch. There were several people in for lunch and drinks but it wasn’t very busy. Our waitress took our order quickly but it took 15+ minutes to get a chicken salad sandwich and a bowl of seafood gumbo. The chicken salad was average, nothing special. My husband said the gumbo was very good, but for $16.00 they could have included some type of bread. Our waitress was pleasant, but service was slower than I would expect at that time of day.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

There were 6 of us..:5 meals arrived, everyone is eating..I’m sitting..not a word from the waitress it was like some kinda joke..she’s 10 feet away looking into the kitchen , finally I asked ...it’s on the way ..10 minutes after that my food arrived .. there were no other diners in the restaurant..ridiculous
But it got worse

My husband put his draft beer down on the table , it was actually 2 tables put together and they were uneven, his beer spilled. They charged him for the beer, when he questioned it they told him he would have to pay for 1/2 a beer because they figured he had 1/2 already (which he didn’t) and that’s their policy. After a dispute I made them contact the absent manager who finally told them off the charge but it was
15 minutes and a lot of aggravation including threats to call the cops.
300$ and they cared about the 2.50 for 1/2 a beer....also ridiculous
Ruined what we had hoped would be a nice evening out with friends

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Good seafood risotto, fried whole sea bass, black beans and rice. Ample servings. Good service, friendly staff. Nice atmosphere

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

The food was great. There were 8 in our group and we all had something different. Nobody was unhappy.