“We just came for the music!”
Review of Tamara's Tapas Bar

Tamara's Tapas Bar
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We did not eat here, because we had already been to another local spot. We stopped in because the incredible live music drew us in. Rachel Hillman was playing, and though I didn't know of her then, I certainly do now. The bar service was excellent, and the drinks were well made and timely. This is a great spot to have a few drinks, enjoy friends, and catch some awesome music.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Since this place frequently has music in the afternoon and evenings we dropped in to hear the group, the Flying Fish, play. Enjoyed our time, the music and the cold beer. People seem to enjoy leisurely visits and their time here. We did not eat but they have a nice bar pub menu.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Many years ago I brought 7 girlfriends to this establishment service was terrible, food was sub par, and we couldn't even get a server to bring our checks so we had to guess at what our cost was and leave cash to cover it on the table so we could leave. No one seemed to care at all for the customers. Fast forward 4 years, Tamara's has expanded to tapas next door. I thought lets see if our night 4 years ago was just a fluke. We wanted to start with the cheese board and linger to listen to the music before ordering dinner. When I told the server/bartender we wanted the app, then wanted to wait to order dinner, he made a snarky remark and said I think I can handle the timing...wow! Not how to treat a customer. Cheese board finally came after a 20 minute wait, the musicians ordered an app 10 minutes after us and got theirs before us. When it arrived disappointment was unavoidable. Tiny pieces of basic cheddar, swiss, and jack cheeses, and a couple of tablespoons of blue cheese (which had the most flavor) 5 grapes and 3 strawberries cut up, and a few basic boxed crackers. Which all wouldn't be so bad if the menu had said such, and the cost was not $14!! No creativity at all, I'm thinking nuts and honey and better sliced cheese... big enough to pick up. Dinner was not much better, I won't get too detailed other than to say bloodlines should be cut out of the fish filet, and it should not be raw when it's served. Don't think I will be back unless I go with a local, they seem to get the better treatment.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

'It was always just a little knock about place.' One of the closing lines from Fried Green Tomatoes. Speaking of Fried green tomatoes, we tried them at Tamara's. The roasted red pepper sauce really compliments the appetizer. We enjoyed great service and in this quaint area. Worth the stop. Easy to access.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

My friend plays music at Tamara's she had told us how good the food was and live music so we decided to give it a try. We tried several different things and it was all exceptional, we did the cheeseboard the cheeseburger sliders the bruschetta and some cocktails. The service was quick and the live music they had that night was awesome will definitely be back when we are in the area