“Pleasant atmosphere, good prices”

Kneaders Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #64 of 749 Restaurants in Aurora
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

There was a bit of a line to order, but it went very quickly. The staff were all very pleasant and happy to help. Some days there's an all you can eat deal for some of the breakfast foods, and today it applied to sourdough pancakes and cinnamon chunk French toast (though the portions are a good size already- I'm a Midwesterner and used to large portion sizes, and these were a typical serving size; you eat all of it but are very full by the end!) Although it isn't on the menu, we ordered a side of bacon which they were happy to provide. It took awhile for our order to be ready, but the room was nicely decorated with lots of windows and it was pleasant to sit and wait. The menu could use a little more diversity- maybe some omelets or a kids meal. Once we got our meals, both of the chunky cinnamon French toasts served with whipped cream, caramel sauces, and strawberries were perfect. The bacon was limp and disappointing, and it would be nice if the cinnamon roll had been warmed up. Two manager-type employees came to ask how we were doing and were very friendly- one of them helped us join the rewards program when we asked, and the other brought us butter. They were also happy to check on orders if you'd been waiting awhile. The prices were very fair and it was under $20 for breakfast for three. My grandparents are very happy repeat customers and say the food is reliably good.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

I visited this Kneaders cafe with my family and was disappointed at the length of time that we had to wait for our order but more importantly at the general state of the place.
There was food on the floor together with serviettes, there was also a bucket of water with a cloth in it which I assume was used to clean the tables. Also uncovered loafs of bread were on what appeared to be dirty trays behind the counter.
Tables were also uncleared in general the place seemed uncared for and in my opinion unhygienic.
I am not normally so critical of restaurants or cafes in the USA but I in my view in this case action needs to be taken to protect Kneaders reputation.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

This review is only for the bread they bake. I have tried the rye, the whole wheat hazelnut, the cinnamon, the country french and the baguettes. Every one is out of this world! Crunchy crusts on the outside, and pillowy softness on the inside. I usually cannot make it home before eating at least 2 or 3 pieces in the car. I would like to try their breakfasts, but it doesn't seem as though other reviewers have been happy, especially with their coffee. If they get their act together with the coffee, I can only imagine their delicious cinnamon bread as french toast,

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

The pastries are really, really good. The coffee is so so. But if you like pastries, there are none better in the South metro area.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

This is a nice addition to the area. It is similar to Panera but with a better selection of baked goods. The french toast is really good, definitely on the sweet side. Sandwiches, salads and soups have all been good but they do skimp on the meat on the sandwiches. The fresh baked bread and bakery items are some of the best in the area. Parking can be a challenge as the parking lot is small and sometimes the line moves quite slow.

Been to Kneaders Bakery and Cafe? Share your experiences!