“Delicious food, tiny seating area”
Review of The French press

The French press
Ranked #9 of 749 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We stopped by on a Sunday morning around 9 and the place was already hopping! You wait in line and order at the counter, then take your seat......IF there are any available. There are about 12 or so tables inside and around 4-5 outside. There is a sign that asks the patrons to please not linger too long--I'm not sure how I feel about that. While those ordering definitely want a seat, who doesn't like to sit and visit after brunch. Perhaps they need to look at a larger place?
That being said, the food and coffee were absolutely delicious. I had the French Toast, my daughter had the vegetarian eggs Benedict and my granddaughter had the pancakes. Every one of us cleaned our plates!
I would visit again but likely will avoid on weekends! Nobody wants to stand around trying to snag a table like the last parking space at the mall during Christmas season.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped by the French Press on our way through Aurora. Not a bad place.

There are some interesting dishes along with a slightly different take on how to execute them. My wife's corned beef hash came with nice big chunks of corned beef, for instance. And my juevos rancheros had a really cool sauce.

However, things also had a way of just "missing". My wife requested a poached egg that came out hard boiled. The juevos were good but it needed more chorizo.

If they could fix some minor misses on the food prep and control the rather chaotic dining area better, you'd have a sure fire winner.

1  Thank Bernard G
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I usually treat myself after dropping the kids off at school to this place. Food is always good and there is usually something new to try on the menu. I suggest sterling's sweet biscuits or the french toast. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I went there for the 1st time this past week. The restaurant is noisy, but the food was good. I had the Ruben sandwich and enjoyed it. Looked at other peoples selections, and they all looked good.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Bennies (eggs Benedict) with Chorizo sausage and coffee..... Mmmmmm. They make it awesome! People chill here, young and old. Love the atmosphere