“A cattle call”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Orchard Road
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Sorry to say despite the initial hype of a hot night dancing I was a bit disappointed. Now I do have to say that the band was top notch. This place is all about the dancing. However, there were far too many people to enjoy it fully. It was so jammed we had to dance like tooth picks but we made the best of it. The end game here is if you are gonna let that many people in there the owner needs to enlarge the floor and have better access to the floor and bathroom. It was clear that there was little thought to anything more than to stuff as many people in to make as much money as possible. I seriously was thinking maybe Boss Hog owned this place.

What really killed it for us was the two things beyond the cramming of people tighter than a Tokyo subway train was very poor service and sky high drink cost. Even worse was they must have been short on glasses so every time we danced we came back to our table and our expensive drinks we bussed from the table before we were done. No one to fix that issue for us. Waitress no where in sight and three deep at the bar.

We drove an hour and half to get to this place. Was a complete bust for us. Got to see our friends was the only upside.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 23 February 2016

I guess it just wasn't meant to be; I knew we were in trouble when we were sat in a booth about as far away from the band as you could get and fronted by a large table with a party of 12 that had suddenly morphed into a party of about 30. The staff just kept on cramming them in to a space made for 12 and the spillover was predictably annoying and distracting. For awhile I was baffled as to how management was being so permissive until I realized that the owner himself kept coming out to check on the party, grinning and shaking hands and slapping backs. The booze flowed for them and the apps kept on coming out of the kitchen with impressive rapidity as well. In the meantime, our server forgot our drinks not once, not twice, but three times over the course of the evening. Nary an apology left her lips, either; was apathetic throughout. The acoustics did not lend themselves to live music; this is admittedly a subjective opinion as the wall of 30 people in front of us may well have modified the sound somewhat.

There wasn't anything here that made me want to give it another chance. The food menu was sparse, the food itself rather blah, calling the service terrible is me being polite, and management's attentiveness to their friends at the detriment of the remainder of their clientele is both disappointing and likely myopic in the long run.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Let me say first, owner Al and his wife Brenda are truly wonderful people.

When Bistro Al Vino first opened years ago, it was truly remarkable. Upscale, good food, nice decor, owners were (and still are) very accommodating, etc. Word got out and it became a zoo, filled with way more people than should fit in a tiny strip mall. I hadn't been there in a few years and was disappointed with the changes. The carpet was filthy and the dance floor has become just one large floor. Too many people on too many nights have ruined this place. I miss the old Bistro Al Vino. Makes me wonder if the owners like the craziness, or miss the days when they had time to know their customers?

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Bistro Al Vino is located in a little strip mall halfway to nowhere, but it has earned its reputation as a fun wine bar with live music and dancing. Owners Al and Brenda make everyone feel like its their own birthday party every night.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

We ventured here for some food and live music and it was a great time. The food was reasonably priced and had clean flavors. The menu is a bit small for selections but there is a variety to choose from.
The wine list and choice of other specialty drinks was nice too.
Probably will visit again.

Date of visit: July 2015

Been to Bistro Al Vino? Share your experiences!