US$606
US$432
Annabelle Inn(Aspen)(Great Value!)
US$277
Aspen Mountain Lodge(Aspen)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$213
The Inn at Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$201
The Limelight Hotel(Aspen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$870
US$659
  • Breakfast included
Aspen Meadows Resort(Aspen)(Great Value!)
US$390
US$371
Hotel Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
US$386
US$366
The Gant(Aspen)(Great Value!)
US$565
US$456
Hyatt Residence Club Grand Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
US$569
US$544
All reviewshistorical hotellibrary barold westliving roomstayed in a junior suitein townmini barresort feeroom servicemodern amenitiesbell staffhotel staffmain streetbeautiful roomluxury hotelaspen mountainturn down service
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Jerome for 1 night. We paid $500 for a basic room in June. Seemed a little pricey to me. Plus an extra $50 "resort fee per night." My husband asked and they waived the fee. Valet parking was "free" but you pay the $50 fee so its really the same difference.
Room itself was great. Decor was authentic but with modern touches and felt very clean. Bathroom was very nice and updated. The front desk staff and the bell boy were very rough around the edges. For $500 a night I expected a little more. Bell boy ran the luggage cart into about everything in the lobby and hallway, then he couldnt find our room number once we arrived on our floor. Strange. Gave us possibly the worst directions to a deli. It was directly across the street from the hotel, we walked probably 8 blocks our of the way based on his directions.
You cannot beat the location of this hotel. Walking distance to all of downtown Aspen.
Turndown service was very nice, they left bottled water, hotel robes, and classical music on the radio which my husband could not figure out how to turn off without unplugging it.
Molten brown bath products, very nice.
Pool was great but small. Luckily it wasnt crowded. Great views of the mountains from the pool. Pool guy was great and gave us great tips as to what to do while we were there. Resturant balcony overlooks the pool which is a little akward if you're swimming but who really cares.
Lobby was not very glamorous if you ask me, it felt dusty. I understand the hotel is historic. The Library directly off of the lobby was a much preferred hangout. Very cool decor and comfortable non dusty feeling furniture.
Gym was VERY sub-par. A converted hotel room with gym equipment inside is not up to my standards. I understand you are in Aspen and probably working out outside but still. Plus it seemed as through someone had showered in the bathroom recently. Gross.
We had dinner at the Hotel Jerome Bar, very good. Great burgers and appetizers.
Overall I would definately stay at the Jerome again. I understand they are about to undergo a huge renovation so I hope the gym and lobby are updated by the time we get back there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shopgrl369
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Hotel Jerome Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Hotel Jerome. Guest comments and feedback are very valuable and important to us, to enable us to improve our customer service standards and rectify any opportunities should they arise.

From reading your review, we have addressed some of the issues you mentioned from your June visit and the others are currently being addressed with the commencement of our renovations. Included in the renovations is a complete Spa and fitness center, along with an overhaul of our lobby.

I thank you again for your feedback and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Jerome in the near future.

With warm regards,

Tony DiLucia
General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed 2 nights in Aspen before returning home to our hot summer weather. We picked the Hotel Jerome because it looked historical and inviting. Pricey it was, but wonderful service and attention were abundant. We were pampered by the head concierge Jim Cryer who called us prior to our visit offering assistance with restaurants and any other reservations. We ate at the Wild Fig and were treated to a glass of wine by our SouthAfrican native host Craig who was casually attired and had a wonderful disposition. Great food! The second night we ate at Pinon's restaurant and had an elegant meal served with grace and humor. Also wonderful. So.. do I recommend Aspen? Yes! Just leave your calculator at home and enjoy the ambiance that this beautiful town has to offer!

Room Tip: We were in the newer part of the hotel. Luxurious bathrooms!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I was lucky enough to spend 6 nights here on business. How I can't wait to go back.

From my seamless pick-up at the airport, to my return a week later, my stay could not have been better. Spectacular staff, incredible charm, understated luxury, great food, J Bar, and, well, Aspen all around, this place is unique.

The more finicky among you might be troubled that this grand dame is slightly rough around some edges (a faucet in the bathroom needed to be nudged shut; the carpet in my room had the look and feel of decades of wear). I wouldn't let that scare you off, unless, well, you are truly that difficult. Still, do not despair: The Jerome is set to shut for a 5-month top to bottom make over in August.

Here's why, even in its current condition, I love this place:

1. Staff: Simply superb. I travel A LOT (many months a year on the road). These guys are legit--and legitimately nice. GREAT service, from the shuttle service, to recommendations, to turn down, to everything. They always go above and beyond and never strike the holier-than-thou attitude so prevalent among some so-called 5-star establishments.

2. Character: This place has it in spades. You're not in a chain hotel. You're staying in an historic place. If only the J Bar's walls could speak. Aspen is, after all, a playground of the rich and powerful and the J Bar/Jerome has been the center of much of its goings on.

3. Rooms: HUGE. Okay, the rooms/suites at the Meadows might be a little bigger. But then you're at the Meadows, which is fantastic, especially if you're attending an event there, meaning you need to hike, golf cart everywhere and/or get accustomed to interpreting the mating songs of crickets at night, since you're in the middle of nowhere. But the Jerome's rooms: Spacious, separate bath and shower, great toiletries, tons of closet and drawer space, running lap space, if you wanted it, work space, extra space and character.

4. Beds: Fantastic with top-quality linens.

5. J Bar: It's downstairs.

6. Location: Aspen. And you're in the center of it.

That said, it's not Nirvana (well, maybe for me). And there are some things you should be aware of before you book:

1. Wear and tear: I mentioned above it will be remodeled beginning August 2012. I think it's great as is. But I know those who are especially difficult to please might not appreciate the very minor imperfections I noticed.

2. Gym: Yeah, they don't have the greatest gym for a 5-star. And yeah, they give you access to an awesome gym a mile away, that they'll drive you to. But, um, you're in Aspen. Still, if you need those facilities, you might stay at the meadows or go somewhere else.

3. Pool/Jacuzzi: They have both. They're great but very small.

Bottom line: A really special place with really special people. You won't want to leave--Aspen or the Jerome.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Loyal Hotel Jerome Guest,

On behalf of the entire staff at Hotel Jerome, thank you for the wonderfully, glowing and detailed review of your stay you shared on TripAdvisor. It was such an honor and a pleasure to share your review with my staff.

In the 6 nights you spent with us, you truly captured our "Crown Jewel" of Aspen! We just hope the next time you visit, it won't be for business but for pleasure so we can pamper you.

We are gearing up for our 5-month closure for our remodel, as you mentioned, which we are very excited to finally give our hotel the TLC she deserves...especially to our gym!!

Thank you again for taking the time and sharing your review. I honestly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest after our remodel. Please contact my office where my assistant will personally handle your next reservation.

With my warmest regards,

Tony DiLucia
General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We had a deal for Hotel Jerome. No problem making reservations for us and the dog. Huge room. Our dog was provided her own bed with food and water dishes. We parked the car and never moved it all weekend. Everything is within walking distance. Never left the dog in the room. The staff at the hotel were wonderful and fussed over the dog too. They had a basket full of free people treats in the room and when we ate at the patio they had dog treats and automatically brought over a water bowl for the dog. I had a Jerome burger w/fries and it was pretty guilt-free. No mound of fries to be tempted with, the serving of fries came in a small dish. We swam in the pool and the dog was in the courtyard resting in the shade. Great time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stopped here on a motorcycle trip that took us through Utah and back to Colorado. The Hotel Jerome was such an excellent way to wind down our trip. The rooms were beautiful and the service was outstanding. The Staff was so accommodating in every way, the restaurant was great and they were so accommodating, as it cooled down in the evening they brought out some heaters to keep our wives comfortable and we dinned outside under the stars, actually a very nice umbrella with lighting. We are planning another return trip next year but we will surely stay an extra day or so to really get the most out of this facility.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends