1,340 results
All reviews in town granola included breakfast underground parking wagner park fresh fruit rooms are large lounge area bagels perfect location front desk staff off season wonderful hotel ski concierge each morning maroon bells hot tub
Reviewed 4 February 2018

My wife, myself and my teenage children stayed at the Limelight over the Christmas and we enjoyed our stay there. The highlight of this hotel; super friendly and accommodating staff, large and comfortable rooms and its location at the heart of Downtown Aspen. Limelight is not a luxurious hotel. Aspen is expensive so expect to pay more for the prestige!

Stayed: December 2017
TheLimelightHotel, General Manager at Limelight Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Baadab,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable rooms and our friendly staff.
In the Aspen market we are indeed a four-star mid-priced hotel with select services. Our moto is that “Life’s an adventure,” and we encourage everyone to take advantage of our offerings and focus on the things that matter most – a happy heart, a smiling face, and a tale or two to tell.
We sincerely thank you for your kind your words and if your travel brings you back to Aspen, I hope that you will afford us another opportunity and stay with us again.

Best,

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I my stay at Limelight Hotel was so special and I would like to especially thank Amy Nicole Roberson for always being available when needed. She keep her staff so organized and helpful.
Thanks again for a wonderful stay

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Precioreb,

We are so happy you stayed with us. Our staff sincerely appreciates your very kind comments and we are looking forward to welcome you again for a future stay with us. Thank you for taking time to leave this review.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 20 January 2018

My visit started when Jack picked us up at the airport. He was of course friendly and efficient. He also went out of his way to make us feel welcome at the Limelight and in Aspen.

A real five-star experience! Nantucket’s loss is Aspen’s gain.

Room Tip: Our 'run of the house' room had a mini fridge and wet bar, over the pool.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
TheLimelightHotel, General Manager at Limelight Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Dear SteveInChi,

It is really nice to read your comments, thank you very much for sharing your wonderful review of our property. We are happy to read about that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as your overall experience. Thank you also for highlighting our staff in particular Jack. We have such a wonderful team here at the Limelight.
We already look forward to your next visit.

Best,

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I was at the gay ski week with my Australian partner and Id like to say that I felt very confortable because all the employees give me a good treatment, specially the Mexican housekeeping lady, her name is Brenda, very polite, well organised, and always with an excellent service attitude which is very important because customers feel better of receiving this kind of treatment ... Congratulations and keep employees like Brenda.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
TheLimelightHotel, General Manager at Limelight Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Andres M,

Thank you so much for your review. Our goal is to always provide warm and friendly hospitality, along with seamless service and I could not be more thrilled that you felt we hit our mark! I am so happy you were able to enjoy all of the amenities the hotel has to offer and got to experience firsthand what a wonderful staff we have. Brenda is the best at what she does! We are blessed to have such a wonderful team in place.
We are already looking forward to your return visit!

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I spent about a week in Aspen early in December staying at the Limelight Hotel after getting a good deal after making the reservation during the summer. My reservation was for an accessible room as it was the cheapest one available. Upon checking in they moved me to a regular room that was a little bit larger. The hotel is located in downtown Aspen close to the Aspen Mountain Ski Resort. As such it was very convenient for both activities on and off the slopes.

I flew directly into Aspen and had made arrangements to be greeted at the airport. I had already landed and was in the process of getting my luggage when the driver arrived. This wasn't an issue and he mentioned that it was the quickest turnaround he had seen. Upon arriving at the hotel he escorted me to the reception desk and took care of my skis while I checked in. They would've also took my luggage to my room if I liked. I found this attention to detail one of the positives of my stay in Aspen.

I had a room with two queen beds that overlooked the backside of the hotel and the swimming pool and two hot tubs. The room also included two sitting chairs and small table in-between. There was also a desk and drawers with a flat screen television on top. The bed was nice and comfortable which provided for a good night's sleep. I was also able to keep the room's temperature comfortable using the thermostat. The heating/air-conditioning system was not too loud to be a distraction. The room also included a Keurig coffee machine, real hangars, robe and an umbrella for your use.

The bathroom included a good sized sink, toilet somewhat isolated from the sink and a tub/shower combination. The shower's pressure was decent and there was plenty of hot water. What I found to be the room's most unique aspect was how you controlled most of the bathroom's lights. They were on a timer where you selected how long you wanted the lights on in five minute increments.

The hotel had several other amenities, some that I tried and others that I didn't during my stay. There were two large hot tubs that you access off of the first floor. There are towels for your use, so you don't need to bring one from your use. While the hot tubs were good, I prefer those that are smaller and provide a better circulation when the jets are on. Unless you sat directly behind one of the jets you don't get much benefit. The hotel's gym was located in a room overlooking the main street and looked to have a nice array of equipment. You also get the benefit of having everyone outside being able to watch you work out.

The ski concierge was located behind the kitchen and past the conference room across from reception. They will store your skis for you as well as assist with arranging any support that you require, from rentals to servicing your own skis from Four Mountain Sports which has stores throughout the Aspen area. I had my skis tuned my first night and left them at the concierge where they were picked up and returned early the next morning. It was nice not having to leave the hotel and find a place by yourself.

There is a locker area in the basement where you can store your boots and other related equipment. The lockers are assigned by room and provide heating hoses for your boots. You set your own combination when you open the locker each time, so you don't have to worry about keys. You can access the locker area from the concierge via an elevator shared with the kitchen, as well as the stairs. If you use the stairs a staff member will need to come with you to unlock the door.

The hotel's restaurant is located across from the reception. It is also where breakfast is served. Since I have dietary restrictions my selection was somewhat limited, but there were still plenty of gluten-free items. They also make their own granola which was gluten-free and very good. The hot food selection changed each morning, so it was a hit or miss for me. They also had several different juices that seemed to change as well, minus the orange juice which was always available.

The hotel also provides a shuttle to the different mountains which you need to reserve in advance except for those heading to the Aspen mountain. I took the shuttle to the Aspen mountain the first morning since I didn't know how close it actually was. The remaining time I just walked to and back each time since the weather was good and the streets were bare. I took the shuttle one morning over to Snowmass and took the free local bus back. There were set times for the return trip and wasn't sure how long I would ski there.

The hotel, as well as the Little Nell Resort, provides unique experiences only available to hotel guests (according to the hotel's information book) that would be interesting to try such as riding along a snowcat at night while it grooms the slopes. I would definitely reserve these events in advance when available.

If you are heading to Aspen and looking for a good place to stay I would definitely recommend the LImelight Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was comfortable. While there are cheaper options (for Aspen), the Limelight Hotel will provide a great experience for those willing to pay a little extra.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank wbullseye
TheLimelightHotel, General Manager at Limelight Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear wbullseye,

Wow - From the Limelight Team and thank you for this amazing review! We are glad to know that we were able to convey a feeling of great hospitality filled with great energy and passion. The hotel amenities are plentiful and adventures. We offer many adventures programs which are included with your stay at the hotel.
The team here has worked hard to provide the best possible service and amenities to our guests and they take great pride in creating memorable experience. From all of us at the Limelight, we look forward to welcoming you back!