New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Lenado

Hotel Lenado
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Durango CO
“Don't expect to sleep, this place is loud!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

With the price of the room and the reviews my wife and I were excited to stay here. We checked in and the room was not a $300+ per night room, even in Aspen. The traffic noise was bad so I asked about other rooms. The Inn was full but she told me the busses stopped about 2 AM so it was quite until they started back at 6. Great. The staff was nice and breakfast great but just don't expect much sleep. Either spend more money on Little Nell or St Regis or stay further out of town

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ga2rbait

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

Based on all the reviews here at TripAdvisor, this seemed like a great place to stay. I researched the hotel, found out that they had last minute getaway room prices at www.aspensnowmass.com for $145. So, I called the hotel and here's how the conversation went: Hotel: "Hotel Lenado." Me: "Hello, I'd like to talk to someone in reservations?" Hotel: "Well?" Me: "Can you help me with reservations?" Hotel: person snickers, then says, "well....(long pause) yeah." Me (now beginning to think HMMM): I'd like to see if you have availability this Sunday (this was the prior Thursday) for one night?" Hotel: "(Long sigh) well, yes we have rooms starting at $289." Me: "I saw online that you might have availability for rooms at $145?" Hotel: "(laughs dismissively) Oh no, those rooms are all gone. We only have those starting at $289 and up." I politely say I'll think about it and hang up. So I called the Annabelle Inn, found a far more polite and receptive person, and booked a room. Perhaps the Hotel Lenado should consider customer service training for the single point of contact to their external customers?

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jlucas1016
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

Aspen is an expensive place to go for a holiday in the summer months (I am sure even more so in the winter!), but if you can possibly afford it, stay at the Hotel Lenado.

We happened across this little gem when we were having a frustrating experience at another hotel in town, walked in, and immediately knew this was the place for us.

The Hotel Lenado is a boutique bed-and-breakfast inn on a quiet side street in Aspen. It is convenient to the downtown core but away from the hussle and bussle. Wtih a beautiful little terrace where you can enjoy your breakfast or sit and read with a glass of wine in the late afternoon, I really felt at home - only it was a home where my every query answered and every need met with a smiling face.

The common area of the building involves a set of couches surrounding a large fireplace with a high ceiling and wonderful light. Off that room is a sunny library, where I perched early in the morning to read and reflect. It was perfect.

Our room was beautiful and very quiet with an outdoor terrace area and shutters on the windows. Our willow-framed bed was delightful, and we felt as though we were in a cabin in the woods somewhere. The bathroom bathroom itself was spacious and the showerhead provided a nice spray. A small fridge is available to chill the wine.

The breakfast is amazing. Daily specials and also all the basic favorites. Coffee from early in the morning available, or even later on in the day. Because of its size, the staff are friendly and remember each guest and their likes and dislikes after a day or two of staying there.

The hotel makes a big fuss of returning guests, and we even heard of a couple staying there for a month, who had bought a BBQ that they left at the hotel between visits. The staff were busy readying it for their return, and apparently this guest would cook enough for anyone wanting to join in their BBQ from time to time.

So....what can I say....magical, beautiful, delightful, pet friendly....yes probably the best hotel stay I have ever had.

Expensive - yes....worth it? Worth every penny.... Enjoy it!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

We just returned from a summer vacation in Aspen. The Lenado was the absolutely perfect place to stay. Comfortable and friendly and the location is great. It's close to activities in town, but removed enough to be quiet at night. It's also a very short walk to the historic Aspen residential neighborhood with its beautiful Victorian homes. The staff is friendly and helpful. Kyle's breakfasts are amazing. We hope to bring our dog next time since they have pet friendly rooms available. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Aspen!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Springfield, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

My husband and i stayed at the Hotel Lenado while attending the Food and Wine Classic. It was the perfect location in the center of Aspen. We could walk to everything. Breakfast each morning was excellent. The room was very nice. Terrific balcony view of park. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple