“Love this place!”

Canyon City Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Azusa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 13 February 2016

Spectacular barbecue. I cannot even think about this place without getting hungry instantly. Super great food, super terrific staff and management. What's not to love!

Reviewed 8 February 2016

My wife and I live in La Verne and there are no good BBQ places around so we found this one nearby. We arrived around 1:30 on a Saturday. The place was full but we sat down within 5 min.
We like ribs so we split a rack. There were very good and a large rack. We only ate about 1/2 between us. We saw other meats going by and all looked great. The sauce was also good.
We tried the mashed potatoes and coleslaw. Both very good.
We agreed that we should have tried some other meats (especially the brisket) so we need to go back.
BTW I had the rest of the ribs today for super bowl. They were great rewarmed in the microwave. We will go back.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

some of the best b.b.q. this side of the mississippi. the only down side is that they are closed monday and tuesday.all of there meats are cooked perfectly. i ecspecially like their brisket

Reviewed 20 December 2015

We have wanted to try this place for months after recommendation from many and finally went last night with friends. The food was probably some of the driest, toughest meat we have ever had a t a BBQ. The tri tip was dry and tough, the pulled pork was stone cold and the stuffed potato is just that potato except for the small about of what ever meat you choose for the topping along with cheese butter and sour cream. If you like just potato then it may be your thing. The coleslaw and baked are yummy but that's about the best I can say about this place. Save your money and go elsewhere!

Reviewed 17 November 2015

We visited Canyon City Barbeque at lunch time while passing through Azusa on our way home. The food was excellent and the service friendly and quick. Very casual atmosphere with comfortable seating. I had the tri-tip sandwich which was thick sliced, tender and delicious. My wife order the slider trio with the coleslaw. She loved everyone of the meats (pulled chicken, pulled pork and brisket) but was overwhelmed at the quantity of food. She finished one slider and I helped with the other two. We will go back.

Been to Canyon City Barbeque? Share your experiences!