See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights! And I was amazed of how welcomed we felt. We usually dont come out of our comfort zone but my boyfriend and I feel very welcomed. The rooms are super nice and cozy! Very clean! From the floor to the ceiling everything looked spotless! The lady who booked our room was very helpful and friendly. She gives complementary coffee in the morning It's so good! This place is very close to everything! Its like the perfect distance, close enough to go anywhere, but away enough to sleep peacefully. We loved it! Couldnt have stayed anywhere else for our first time! Its budget friendly and definitely worth it. You dont need a pricey room, you'll hardly be in there anyways. Everyone should stay here!! We will definitely come back.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank aleboo323
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a fabulous affordable place to stay on the island. Roberta was very helpful in directing us to great places to eat and explore and shared the "local's favorites" as well as island history. The rooms were clean and beach chairs and towels were available. The fridge was appreciated. Roberta even mailed my absently mindedly left phone charger to our home in Colorado. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank CoSeal
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Budget friendly motel has great location about 1 block off the main drag. This made for a quiet stay, with easy access to all the fun! Owner was sweet and very helpful with recommendations and accommodating our toddler. We had a great time. Definitely not a luxury hotel, just basic. Room had fridge and flat screen tv. Lots of plants outside and some chairs to sit in. They will give you beach towels if you ask.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank circleitaround
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We spent two nights at the Catalina Lodge. Roberta, the owner, was super helpful in booking our reservation and always got back to me very quickly if she wasn't available to answer the phone. She is often busy working hands-on ... even cleaning the rooms, which are extremely clean. She was very friendly and welcoming, and made good recommendations about things to see and places to eat. The lodge is centrally located, and is an easy walk from the boat. The street is pretty quiet, and there are interior rooms that face a little walkway and also rooms that face the street. Our room faced the walkway, and we were able to sleep without any street noise. There was a mini fridge in our room, a small microwave, and a bag of microwave popcorn.

Hotels in Catalina are very expensive, and the Catalina Lodge was one of the more affordable ones. We loved the location, and would definitely stay here again. The Trip Advisor reviews that address the cleanliness of the rooms are accurate. The rug in our room had been vacuumed thoroughly, even under the bed (I looked). Going in and out each day, I glanced into the rooms being cleaned and noticed the bedspreads were gone ... and I assumed they were being washed in between each guest stay. If so, that is great! I examined the blankets under the bedspreads and did not see any hairs or lint, as I have noticed at other hotels/motels. There is no air conditioning, but the temperature cools down at night so you are fine with the windows open and the table fan that is provided. There was also a flat screen tv. A block or two away, there is a small Vons grocery store with prices that are the same as Southern California. I would not recommend the Pancake House for breakfast unless you want a huge and expensive breakfast that takes a long time. It was actually the most expensive meal we had in Catalina! Instead, there is a coffee shop in the Metropole Marketplace with pastries and reasonably priced breakfast sandwiches to start your day. Roberta also has tea and coffee in the office in the mornings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Michele85
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I saw how management has the rooms cleaned: by removing the furniture and actually cleaning thoroughly.
The hostess is friendly. The location is great. Close to the main street, yet away from the noise.
We will definitely return there!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple