The location of this inn is the best! Just a 10 minute walk from where you board on/off from the Catalina Express.
This was the only hotel/inn on the island that I could find that would book for one night. Most places on Catalina are a 2 night minimum stay. Stayed here over the weekend. Check in time was 2pm so we went to the inn around 11:30 to drop off our bag for storage and to my surprise our room was ready for us. BIG plus. Check in and check out was a breeze.
We reserved a room with a queen bed and for $89 (taxes included), you can't beat that price! The room was small but very clean and very cute. I mean for as much as we spent time in the room, size didn't matter. There is no closet, iron, or ironing board. There was a little shelf with some hangers and a spare blanket on one of the walls. There's a small fridge in the room which was nice. The room also has a hair dryer. We didn't have a view but that didn't matter to us. We were on the 3rd floor next to the stairs and I thought it would end up being noisy from foot traffic, but to our surprise, we didn't hear anything throughout the night. Overall, a good night's sleep.
There is a small patio on the 2nd floor that over looks the street which is cute. There is also a Vons right next door in case you might need anything.
The inn had a free continental breakfast that consisted of small pastries, coffee, and orange juice. It looked really good, didn't try it since we were on our way out and headed to a restaurant to eat breakfast.
I really don't have anything negative to say about his place. I would surely stay here again if I ever visited the island again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend the night at one of the best Catalina Island hotels, the Catalina Island Inn. Catalina Island is only a short sail away, twenty-two miles, from the California mainland, but a world away from the hectic pace. Catalina Island Inn hotel is located in the heart of Avalon, California, steps away from restaurants, shops, tours and the beach at Catalina Island. Walking is a wonderful way to explore our safe and charming town. Visitors don’t need a car to get around. Almost everything is within walking distance. Enjoy a special Catalina Island vacation in one of the Catalina Island Inn family rooms that accommodate up to five people. Catalina Island Inn is large enough to host family reunions & weddings and intimate enough for a romantic getaway.Whether you are on a solo-adventure or traveling with a crowd, the Catalina Island Inn has something for everyone. Rooms ranging from moderate priced twins or queen bed to luxury, harbor view, kings are available. The rooms are beautifully decorated in a clean, contemporary island motif. We are one of the most romantic Catalina hotels. Treat yourself to a relaxing getaway at the Catalina Island Inn hotel.The Catalina Island Inn is pleased to announce the opening of its new ground floor Patio Rooms!!! 5 spectacular new King bedded rooms and private patios with custom fireplaces, nurturing textures, spacious tiled showers, free wi-fi, flat screen TVs, quiet comfort, and lush contemporary décor. A handicap-accessible guest room is also available. It features unique luxury and also meets all ADA guidelines for wheelchair guests needing special conveniences. It includes easily accessible thresholds, widened doorways in addition elegant amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Catalina Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Island Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Inn CA - Avalon