All reviews great location star amenities ocean front karaoke bar catalina island sound of the waves continental breakfast small tv no elevator oceanfront room nice courtyard the staff was friendly and helpful orange juice restaurants and bars patio area the main drag queen bed
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Older building but clean comfortable and central to everything. We would stay again. Across the street to beach. Staff friendly and efficient. 10 min walk to the port. Lots to do on the island and again all within close proximity to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
HotelMacRae, General Manager at Hotel Mac Rae, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I am glad that my staff took good care of you and that you found our rooms to be clean comfortable and central to everything. Come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Great little hotel in the heart of Avalon. Clean and inviting rooms. We had one with an ocean view, another room for Grandsons (17 & 13 yrs old) with a garden view. Nice little breakfast station with juices, coffee, and pastries and bagels. You must climb a flight of stairs with your bags to get to the hotel that is above a restaurant and shops. One surprise was below my ocean view room, the restaurant turns into Karaoke central. We were amused, some might be more sensitive to the level of music

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

I am pleased you enjoyed your ocean view and courtyard view rooms. Thank you for taking the time to share this review. I keep waiting for Karaoke to go out of style. I agree, it can be amusing. If quiet is what our guests are looking for, we direct them to our back courtyard rooms. Be sure and let us know what you are looking for when you book your next visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

clean, good sized room & bath - Center of everything - will come back again - good wifi - coffee, juice & danish in the AM - bedside lights for reading are important to us - very good - one flight of stairs - 2 minute walk to the tour plaza

Room Tip: we were happy with a "patio" room
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gnehra2018

Thank you for your kind review and I am so pleased that you will come back again. We look forward to it!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

this is a nice hotel right on the main street and central to everything in Avalon. The rooms with the view of the sea are worth it. The only negative is it is not for anyone with difficulty getting around. There is no elevator and it is on the second floor. There is a back entrance I did not check out.

Stayed: July 2018

I agree the that ocean view rooms are worth it. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Lovely location on the main drag. Rooms are spotless and staff very friendly and helpful. Before and after check out, hotel will hold your luggage until your boat leaves. When you check out of your room at 11, a changing room and shower is available to you as well as daily beach towels.

Room Tip: There are ocean view rooms available
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marlene G

Thank you for this kind review and I will share this with my staff. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality. We look forward to your next visit.