Pavilion Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$495
US$442
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$521/night.

US$396
US$256
  • Room Service
US$382
US$358
HolidayInn.com
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$447
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$418
US$294
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$268
Hermit Gulch(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$88
Seacrest Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$179
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$772
US$689
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsking suitehomemade granolawicker roomday bedother guestsbed and breakfastlight appetizerscharming b bgreat storiesliving roomcatalina islandbreakfast was deliciousenclosed porchcocktail hourplace to staythe location is perfectshort walk
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Perfect! Christa, Kathleen, Dave, and Bill make the Old Turner Inn the place to stay in Avalon. They know the Island; especially Bill who recently celebrated his 95th and ran the Sears Catalog Store on the Island for decades until the company ended the catalog. We visited for almost a week - a tasty, filling, and different hot breakfast every morning. Ideal location, a couple of blocks from Avalon's dense "downtown", so it was quiet at nights but not far from the action. The Innkeepers are there for you, ready to help you make decisions about what to do. And there's a TON to do on the island. But back to the Inn. Not twee or fancy, not spare and rustic. Absolutely comfy. And importantly, firm beds. I tried hard to think of something critical to say to bolster the credibility of my review. The best I can come up with is that you have to ask for a hair dryer. Old Turner Inn easily gets a well-deserved Tripadvisor Five.

1  Thank BirdBikingBuddha
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Catalina thanks to our kids. We attempted to book a room for a 1-night stay, but much to our surprise, 99.9% of all hotels require a 2-night minimum. I stumbled across The Old Turner Inn on line, sent them an e-mail late at night inquiring on a room and got a response the very next morning. Our host, Christa asked approx what time we would be arriving and said upon arrival we could park our luggage there until our room was ready. Check-in is 4:00pm and we arrived at 11:30am. Much to our surprise, our room was ready! We had the Garden Room on the 1st floor and were amazed at how nice it was. Very comfortable and homey with all the amenities nessesary and more. We brought our bikes to the island and they let us park them on the side. Christa was extremely polite and made us feel at home. She informed us that there would be some snacks to eat between 5-6:30pm, but we were doing the zip-oine and missed out. The next morning, coffee was waiting, followed by a very tasty breakfast. Check-out time was at 11:00am but our boat didn't leave until 6:00pm. Christa told us we could stow our luggage under the piano in the front room and to come back and relax anytime before our boat departed. We took the H-1 Hummer East End tour for 2 hours, then came back to the hotel to change into beach attire. Christa loaned us hotel towels and a couple of beach chairs! What other place would extend such hospitality after check-out? All-in-all, it was a wonderful stay and we will return to The Old TUrner in someday, in addition to highly recommending it to all of our friends and family. ~Kendall Nix~

Room Tip: Garden Room
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Old Turner Inn is a very nice place to stay for those looking for a homey, laid-back inn in Avalon. The Inn is also a great affordable option for those who don't need to be right on the beach, but can enjoy a short walk to get there. My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon, and found it a comfortable place to unwind from the last few days of busyness.
Both Christa and Kathleen were excellent hosts, and gave us helpful suggestions regarding restaurants and activities on the island. We briefly met the Inn's owners who explained to us the history behind some of the photographs adorning the sitting room, and made sure we had postcards to send to our families. The breakfasts were very good. I had one of the best quiches I've ever had one morning when Christa was hosting.
We stayed in the Wicker Room, which was bright and pretty, with pink walls and honey-colored wicker furniture. This room is a bit small, but was comfortable. I couldn't help but peek into the larger suites (Queen, King, and Seashell), which looked clean and airy. If I return to visit Avalon again, I would stay at the Old Turner again, possibly in the Seashell room.

Room Tip: Many visitors stay for just a couple of nights, so if you plan to stay longer, make your reservations well in advance to get the room you want.
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My boyfriend took me on my first trip to Catalina, and due to our schedule (we had a concert that Friday night in LA), it was almost impossible to find lodging for one night during the island's peak season. Luckily, he found the Old Turner Inn.

This B&B is located literally steps away from the main street in town, which makes it super convenient...it's far enough away that there are no tourists loitering underfoot, but close enough to easily run back and forth when your plans change/you forget something.

The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Christa allowed us to leave our bags with the Inn (and even check in a tad early) due to our schedule. Kathleen was very outgoing and gave good (and honest) restaurant recommendations.

The complimentary appetizers and wine were nice and afforded us an opportunity to socialize with the other guests (and even the sweet owners, who regaled us with tales of their past). Breakfast in the morning was delicious as well (homemade cinnamon granola!) and a welcome break from paying island cafe prices.

The only thing keeping me from giving the Old Turner Inn 5 stars is simply that it is not a 5 star property. It is a quaint, small bed & breakfast through and through...the decor is eclectic and shows its age, and is typical of a small maritime inn. For some this is exactly that for which what they are looking; others may find it less appealing.

We stayed in the Wicker Room, which had tons of light and yet seemed constantly pleasant as far as temperature was concerned (we were pleasantly surprised to find a ceiling fan as well as working floor fans and bathroom vent). Our bathroom tub drained slowly, but that is to be expected in a home of its age.

On a side note: it is very sad that this must be added, but I feel it's important to mention that my boyfriend and I were a little trepidatious in booking a small home inn without knowing any of their feelings about LGBT guests. Any fears were put to shame by the warmth and kindness of the staff and guests. We felt welcome the entire time, and the staff went above and beyond to ensure our comfort and enjoyment of the island.

We would definitely stay at the Old Turner Inn on another trip to Avalon.

Room Tip: Wicker Room is quiet and bright. We also saw King and Queen Suites, which have a separate ante-room (perfect for kids if traveling as a family).
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher I
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My sister and I recently stayed two nights at the Old Turner Inn, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves there. We had the first floor Garden Room, which is quiet, cosy, and clean as a whistle! We arrived on an unusually hot, muggy day, and innkeeper Kathleen made my day by providing an extra fan for my bedside. Very grateful! This is an example of the extra nice treatment you will get at this B&B. Kathleen also sat down with us and recommended good restaurants and sites to see. We had a tour of the coves of the island in her husband's boat that afternoon, and we think Capt. Dave is fantastic too. Don't miss his refreshing boat tour. You'll have a delicious hot breakfast to start your day, featuring lots of fruit and her yummy homemade granola, plus a hot egg dish. She even offered to put my damp bathing suit in the dryer for me. You can't go wrong in this lovely home, full of beautiful art featuring scenes around the island, and a history all its own. Great location, easy walk to everything, and we even were encouraged to borrow towels, and beach chairs for our afternoon swim, Catalina style, at the nearby beach. There are books everywhere, comfy furniture to relax on, sherry on the mantle in the bedroom. Ice and cold or hot drinks available all day long, and you can put your suitcase under the grand piano if your check out time is earlier than your boat departure.

Room Tip: The Seashell room felt the coolest, with nice sea breezes. But we had the ground floor Garden Room which was also pleasant, and would be great if you did not want to climb the narrow stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family