I had never been to Catalina Island, but I took a chance on this hotel largely because of the good reviews. I was not disappointed; on the contrary I would stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.
I stayed overnight here with my daughter and we took advantage of the 4 PM wine and cheese tasting, the free breakfast, (which included juices, fresh fruit, breads, muffins, sweet rolls, cereal, yogurt, granola, and Starbucks coffee) and the free Wifi. We sat outside at the patio for our breakfast, looking over the Pacific. There's a pedestrian walkway dividing the hotel from the beach, maybe with an occasional golf cart passing by.
We walked here from the pier. I had rollers on my suitcase and my daughter carried her overnight bag. The hotel kindly stored our bags for us while we went snorkeling because we arrived before check-in. Then a room became available and we were allowed to check in at 1:00. The next day, the hotel again stored our bags for us (since our boat didn't leave until 4:30 PM) and the staff member in charge of the luggage room said that they would take our bags to the pier for us if we wanted. Since it was just a short walk away (about 2 blocks) we took the bags ourselves.
Our room was well appointed with frig, large flat-panel TV, hair dryer, and the best cottony towels I've ever had in a hotel. Comfy beds and pillows, not too hard, not too soft.
If I were to go again, I'd get the package with the Zipline Eco Tour. We did the zip line the second day of our stay, but I had booked it separately. My daughter found out later that we could have booked a package with the hotel and zip line together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary room amenities include: Complimentary baggage service from the ferry, concierge service, continental breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese social, outdoor lounge with fire ring, movies, Blue Ray players & iPads for checkout, 37" flat screen TVs, HBO & Showtime movie channels, wireless Internet, iHome music centers, priority cabana/chaise reservations at Descanso Beach Club, priority table reservations at Avalon Grille, priority reservations at Island Spa Catalina, Starbucks coffee and tea, and in-room safes, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards & hair dryers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Pavilion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavilion Lodge Catalina
- Pavilion Lodge Avalon
- Pavilion Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Lodge Pavilion
- Pavilion Hotel Catalina Island, CA - Avalon