All reviews waffles best westerns putting green room was clean would stay here again great place to stay pool and hot tub grocery store hard boiled eggs nice stay fresh fruit road noise fast food the breakfast area easy access free breakfast gold country
Reviewed 12 November 2018

The room was clean and had everything I might need. No excessive noise and easy access to businesses close by. On check in, Dylan was particularly helpful and very polite. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jennifer S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Golden Key, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2018

Thank you for the 5 star rating! I'm thrilled to know that we were able to provide you with a clean room and anything else you needed. Wonderful! I'm happy to know that Dylan was helpful and polite. I will be sure to pass along the kudos. Thank you for recognizing his efforts. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 November 2018

This room is spotless, quiet and very comfortable. Good parking. The young person at reception was lovely and helpful. Just the right balance of economical and well maintained . Good location near restaurants. Continental breakfast included. Ask for quiet room away from freeway. Has a pool and hot tub.

Room tip: We could hear folks walking around in the room upstairs
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jennifer S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Golden Key, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thank you for the 5 star rating! I delighted to know you enjoyed your room and the rest of our property. We have the best Team! Thank you for recognizing their collective efforts. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

The staff here is always friendly, also great to see sum of the same staff from prior years. the hotel has a great location to a lot areas we like to visit, Old Town Auburn, Folsom, Rocklin, Nevada City. Food is always close every fast food, and quality restaurants Hotel is clean, pool always nice, and even Barbequed this visit. Great place.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jennifer S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Golden Key, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thanks for coming back for a 4th year! We have the best Team and I'm so happy to know they have made a lasting impression on you. See you in 2019!

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Always clean, comfortable with all the basics. Good area. Everything close by. Restaurants, grocery store, etc. very dog friendly with a nice grass area wth picnic tables and grills. Unfortunately, each time We’ve come, It’s rained. but I’m sure will be back. Staff are very nice.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for returning to our property for a 2nd time! I'm glad we have earned your loyalty when staying in Auburn, CA. I hope next stay will be rain free. See you soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

This Hotel was nothing fancy but was better than I expected. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It is right next to the freeway, which is great for location but a little noisy. Still it was a good value. I would stay here again with no hesitation.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jennifer S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Golden Key, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our location. I'm glad to know we exceeded your expectations but sorry to hear that you were disturbed by road noise. We look forward to seeing you again!