“Great salsa, yummy beans. ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taqueria la Herradura
Ranked #30 of 178 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Heading home from Lake Tahoe and finding a decent place to eat can be an adventure and has left us disappointed many times. However, this place was absolutely delicious. I grew up with Mexican food as a staple, so we can be a little picky, but this place was really good. Simple taqueria style, ordering at the counter, friendly service, food was quick to come out and each of us loved our dishes.
One thing I look for in quality Mexican is if the beans and salsa are good. Both were outstanding and the great dinner after a long day snowboarding made the drive home bearable.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

The meal I had was very bland and there were so many green peppers in it that I had to stir around for the beans and rice. Far far too many peppers (red too) for me but some people probably love that. I gave it 4 stars for the service and sweetness of the staff. I would probably try it again if I am ever in the area, just get another dish. It was a bowl and had cheese also but I couldn't even taste the cheese.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Great Authentic Taqueria! The best Pastor Ever! Great Salsa bar! Killer breakfast burritos! And Super Cheap!!!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

This place has good food and reasonably priced. You can feed a family of four and not get gauged. Great salsa bar with many choices!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

We ate here twice during our 4 day stay in Auburn. The nachos are awesome and the guacamole is free on the salsa bar.