See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stayed here 3 years ago and just visited again April 2018. We chose this hotel for price, only $60 for the night, convenience, and the fact that they take dogs. Friendly service, good sized comfortable, updated rooms with laminate flooring, wifi, and close to everything. I have one complaint, the room needed some cleaning detail. All the light switches were dirty, there was mold in the shower where the stability bar is, and the inside of the pocket door in the bathroom was splashed with who knows what. It was a good visit, and I hate to knock how hard the cleaning people must work. I would still stay here again and I would recommend this motel to anyone looking for a budget stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thank you for your detailed feedback; we are pleased that your recent stay with us was so successful. We apologize profusely for the housekeeping issues that you encountered, and we will ensure that our housekeeping team are more vigilant in cleaning our rooms in between guests in future. We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay apart from this, and we hope that you will have an even better experience when you next stay with us. Thank you again for your constructive comments.

Kind regards,
Motel 6 Auburn
Customer Care Team

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best motel 6s in stayed in by far. I travel 300 days or more per year and my husky always is with me. Not all pet friendly hotels really are. The 6s have have always welcomed her with no hesitation. This 6 in auburn is very clean, close to stores and restaurants with a very nice staff. Motel 6 is a budget chain and each hotel varies in quality. The auburn property should be the standard the rest are held to. Note the word BUDGET weekend travelers. The 6 chain does not furnish hair products, room service, breakfasts or things of that type. Most have newer Tv's but not all! If you need a clean safe place to refresh from the road the auburn 6 is a great place and several $$ less expensive than the neighbors. If you want to be pampered at a spa there are several nearby.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your generous comments about the service and facilities here at the hotel, they speak for themselves really so I would like to thank you on behalf of all the team here. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again, and that your visit then will be as memorable as this one. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Good location, just off Highway 50 with restaurant options close by. Property is well-kept. Room and linens were clean. The only downside was that the family in the next room was very loud and easily heard through a door that connected our room to theirs. Their noise woke us up about 6:30 a.m. There seems to be no insulation around the connecting doors. Other than that, no complaints.

Room tip: If you are booking a single room, ask for one that does not adjoin to another.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hi Brenda, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy that our hotel met your needs so well, and that you enjoyed your stay so much. It is a shame that your stay was marred somewhat by noisy neighbors; we expect our guests to have consideration for one another in terms of the noise that they make, but, unfortunately, as you discovered, this does not always happen, and we are very sorry for the discomfort that this caused you. We hope that it will not deter you from staying with us again; we certainly hope to welcome you back. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at this Motel 6 a few times because it is well located. Food, hi-way and services are easily located.
First remember Motel 6s are basic. No room coffee, no shampoos, no hair dryers. But they do have microwaves and fridges, decent TV and the much loved pets welcomed without extra charges.
Rooms at this particular one are large and clean. Most of my visits have been decent, except the front desk isn't always very friendly. I had a bad ant issue on my last visit which was handled poorly by the front desk, but when I emailed the manager I was given a partial refund for my troubles, which I guess was fair. I may give it another chance simply because I travel with a dog.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Hi Juli, Thank you for choosing our hotel once again, we are always delighted to see you here. We are sorry that you found ants in your room; these are notoriously difficult to completely eradicate from hotels, but we work hard with our pest control partners to ensure that we do our very to be consistently pest-free. We are pleased that you were ultimately happy with how our manager handled it for you. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope that you will continue to stay with us again when you are in town. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Silverfish bug in my bed! Smokers in stairwells, overwhelming stench. Only 1 wash rag for room that sleeps 4. No hair dryer, no iron. Awful pillows. Paper thin walls...no privacy! No bargain!! Svoid this place at all cost!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

We are very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience during your recent stay with us. We work with pest control experts regularly to ensure this does not happen, and we are checking all rooms with them at the moment since receiving your comment. We apologize for this unfortunate experience and please know we are addressing all of your other issues with housekeeping to ensure they are dealt with. Best wishes, Hotel Management