All reviews clean bathroom humboldt county redwoods rates chain
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife booked a family stay at the Arcata Red Roof Inn through a third part site this last June. We asked for adjoining rooms since we have young children. When we got there, the clerk said he could not help us. He said he had no adjoining rooms and the best he could do was rooms on other sides of the building on the same floor. Since we had no choice, I took it, and paid for the stay, but when we saw the rooms, we changed our minds. The rooms looked clean, but had not been updated in a long time. The entire hotel smelled strongly of smoke and marijuana. A suspicious looking person was wandering around in the courtyard. The hotel did not seem maintained. Caution tape was wrapped around the spa. We went back to clerk and asked for a refund. He said he could not help us. What made us angry was that he rented the adjoining room we had asked for to the people who arrived after we did. We ended up going across the street to a different hotel. At home I discovered Red Roof had charged us once when we reserved the rooms and again when we checked in. So far, nothing on their end. I am never staying at a Red Roof Inn again. What a headache.

Room Tip: The area around the hotel seems high in crime.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The front desk staff Mat is very courteous and kind to me. Mat explained the check in process professional and is very helpful with information of the area . Mat was very professional and has manger skills and works well with others. what whatever he chooses to do in the future he will be successful
Carolyn

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
RedR332, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Arcata, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your response and hope to see you again and offer you an out standing service.
Thank you.
Ushma Arya.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

After reading the reviews for this place I'll admit, I was nervous to stay here. However, I believe it is now under new management.

We were very disappointed that the pool was out of order and there was no breakfast. We we're not subsided for this, even though we had booked the hotel expecting these facilities.

The hotel was relatively clean - nothing to shout about. Staff were very friendly though.

For a one night stop over it'll do. I couldn't have stayed any longer.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Fairly clean room with bed linens and towels - for one night only I’d recommend. Would not dare touch the bedspread and probably would not choose this place again. However very nice management when we missed continental breakfast; gentleman went out of his way with offerings which he didn’t have to do. Carpets are stained and WiFi worked if you stood in one corner of the room. Shower and vanity area were not as clean as I would have liked I must say. Looked like someone maybe swabbed the toilet and forgot to clean tub or wipe down vanity from previous guest. Location is not great area of town.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Went knowing this was a less expensive hotel, but...never would I recommend this hotel. Clean sheets and towels. Best I can say! Stains on carpets, pool out of order, holes in bedspread and window treatments. Stains on the shower curtain. Arrived back at end of day to find the room was not touched, room card would not work. Paid three nights through Orbiz or I would find another hotel. Disappointing!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple