All reviews room was clean waffles travel lodge would stay here again bath towels hard boiled eggs convenient location next morning gold country great place to stay road trip breakfast area grocery store continental breakfast microwave tv office
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a concert at Ironstone. It's a short 15 minute drive to the venue. It's easy to find on the main road. The rooms have been nicely remodeled and come with fridge, microwave and two bottles of water. The toiletry products are brand name (Matrix, a salon brand). The bath towels were on the small side, but absorbent. There was a massage head in the shower and curved curtain. Breakfast was hard boiled eggs, waffles (two waffle makers), cereal and toast.

There are grocery stores, fast food, pharmacy, liquor store, gas station within 2 blocks. So this is a great location.

Tip: Get food and drinks first and put them in your room. The only thing open after the concert is the liquor store and McDonalds. The Angels Food Market next door has a nice selection and there is a Save Mart (grocery store) two blocks down.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
TravelodgeAngels, Hotel Manager. at Travelodge by Wyndham Angels Camp CA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate for taking the time to share your review regarding your stay at the Travelodge Wyndham Angels Camp
It is wonderful to know that we were able to make your stay a nice one overall.
We hope that you will notice more exciting improvements at the resort on your next visit and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I stayed there last night. There was a mix up with the reservations. Apparently I reserved directly with the hotel and hotwire. I called the hotel early yesterday morning when I saw two separate charges on my VISA. The man at the hotel desk keep saying the charges don't go through until the following day. I kept explaining there were two charges and it didn't seem correct. He just ignored my questions and now I'm being charged $500.61 for two rooms even though I only used one. Had the man at the Travelodge taken the time to listen to what I was saying about the VISA charges the issue would have been resolved before I arrived. Very disappointed with the service and I feel I was exploited by the Travelodge. They ripped me off for $273.90 for a room that went unused. I will never go there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Oceangirl1919
Rajesh P, General Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Angels Camp CA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

We apologize for any inconvenience this my have caused you.
We thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feed back.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We booked at $233/night. They messed up our companion couple's room but found them a room like ours next door. They were charged$107. I was outraged but did agree to the higher price. Room was fine but not comparable to motels of the same price that we had rented elsewhere

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rajesh P, Front Office Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Angels Camp CA, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feed back.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We booked this motel thinking we were much nearer to Yosemite National Park than we were! So apart from the distance we travelled for the 2 days to do Yosemite - this was a lovely motel with spacious rooms, good beds and bedding and friendly helpful staff. Set in a really pretty area called Calaveros, the Travelodge is a 5 min drive from Angels Camp town which boasts a link to Mark Twain and is also the jumping frog capital of the USA! It’s neighbouring town of Sonora also looked interesting but we didn’t have time to investigate. Plenty of reasonable eating places were within a 5 min walking distance or a 10 min drive. The local Mexican restaurant served us well both evenings.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Rajesh P, General Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Angels Camp CA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

We are pleased to know that we met your expectations.
We thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feed back. We will share your feed back with our staff.
We look forward to host you in future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

WE stayed a few times before we finally bought a place a little higher up from Angels Camp. Always clean, great rates, super friendly Staff. My son's favorite was always the pool. Never crowded. Good breakfast selections.

Date of stay: July 2017

We thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feed back. We will share your feed back with our staff and we are looking forward to host you in future.