“Not bad at all! Loved my tacos and enchilada!”

Los Alazanes Mexican Food
Ranked #455 of 977 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I bought a Taco and Enchilada Combo (shredded beef on both) with beans and rice, with an extra taco. It tasted very good--delicious--very tasty.
My only gripes are that there were no tomato chunks on the tacos, and the beans were brownish-gray instead of brown. Did they add water to water them down? Why would they do that? At first, I thought they were maybe right out of the can and heated in the microwave, rather than fried, but they tasted like all the spices were mixed in to make them taste the way they should, but they didn't look or taste like they were fried in the frying pan. The rice was a little favorable, but I'm used to it being a bit more saucy. I don't think they skimped on the sauce. I think they may have cooked it a little too long and thus, inadvertently cooked it out.
Other than that, the meal was great. There was plenty of shredded beef on both the tacos and enchilada. Their prices are very reasonable and the food IS very tasty, so I WOULD recommend this place, and I WILL be coming back.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

I was really hungry at 10 pm and this 24/7 drive-thru was our close option.
I was attracted for the grilled meat smell, however, the menu shows a variety of different combinations far from real Mexican food.
I had very good carne asada regular tacos with guacamole salsa and pico de gallo topping in yellow tortillas, very yummy

Reviewed 23 September 2015

I tried this spot last night on my way home from a meeting in Cerritos. I drove around for a LONG time looking for a burrito place. Most were closed (10:30pm) but I just kept driving and low and behold: "24hr drive thru! Laaaaaaaa"!

So I ordered the nacho burrito because it actually had nacho chips inside of it!! YES!! I have had a burrito that had french fries in it but never nacho chips. I loved the crunch! My son had the breakfast burrito #6 and it was gone within 3 minutes. (Either a very hungry boy or a very delicious burrito!)

Anyway, In-n-out used to be our Tue-night-after-meeting spot but I'm sold on Los Alazanes! Their prices were perfect. The 2 burritos plus a grande horchata was only $13! And their menu is so extensive, I can go back again and again and try something new each time! And did I mention that their drive thru is open 24 hours!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Based on the reviews I was really looking forward to this place. I love that they offer a 24-hour drive through, that's very convenient. But I was disappointed with my meal.

My chimichanga came out like a wet burrito. It was swimming in sauce and made my whole meal a soggy mess. If I wanted a wet burrito...hey, I would've ordered a wet burrito. I also got a beef quesedilla for my kid, I got ground beef in there instead of shredded, so I guess you need to specify that you want shreeded - the menu just reads "beef". The rice and beans were okay.

Service wasn't the greatest. But their prices were good.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Debbie & I are both "conocedores" (connoisseurs) of "comidas méxicanos" (Mexican food). We vacation in Mexico at least once, if not twice or thrice, per year. Most taquerías (taco shops) in México don't even compare to Los Alazanes in Anaheim, California. Located on Knott St. near Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland, we go out of our way and drive a few miles north from our home to get our Mexican food-fix. And, Los Alazanes serves up some of the best Mexican fast food that we have ever tasted at the best value for your hard-earned peso!

My all-time favorite item at Los Alazanes is the taco carnitas. The hot shredded pork (carnitas) comes stuffed inside two medium-sized, soft-shell, fresh homemade corn tortillas with mild pico de gallo, a concoction of finely chopped onions, cilantro, tomatoes, a hint of jalapeños, and an avocado sauce. One carnitas taco must weigh at least half of a pound, if not more. To eat, I gently man-handle the taco by the inner-most of its two tortillas and let half of the yummy taco-guts fall out into the second tortilla. In that way, I get two tacos for the price of one: $2.55 plus tax and tip. Olé!

On Saturdays and Sundays, the "cocineros" (chefs) offer up a large bowl of ostensibly the best menudo garnished with onions, cilantro, oregano, and fresh quartered limes on the side. CUIDADO (CAUTION): menudo is made from tripe (cow stomach) and may be repulsive to most gringo-Americans, at first. Menudo is either very, very good or horridly terrible; there is just no such thing as "average" menudo. Although I loved the mildy spicy "caldo" (menudo-broth) immediately, it took me almost a whole year for my human stomach to stomach the cow stomach in menudo. Something to do with the texture, I suspect. But now I mac it down like a pro; it is really, really good, especially after church! Trust me ;)

In sum, Los Alazanes offers up all the best of tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tostados, chimichangas, taquitos, flying saucers, tortas (sandwiches), breakfast plates (served all day), and dinner plates (with rice, refried beans, and shredded lettuce-salad), all made from your choice of meats: beef, pork, chicken, fish, or shellfish, including carne asada, machaca, al pastor, pollo asado, Baja-style, and more. The self-service salsa bar has daily-fresh homemade salsa rojo, salsa verde, avocado salsa, onions & cilantro, quartered limes, pico de gallo, radishes, and very hot-'n-spicy pickled carrots and jalapeños. Available "bebidas" (beverages) include real, genuine Coca-Cola imported from Mexico (made from sugar, not corn syrup as in the USA), a flavor-variety of Jarrito's and other soft drinks, horchata, and jamaica. The drive-thru is open 24/7 while dine-in is open from early morning until midnight or whenever they feel like it. Most guests come for the food--take-out or drive-thru, not dine-in. Although there are some limited tables available inside, the atmosphere is akin to a fast food joint, that is, really no "atmosphere" at all. Just a place to munch.

For the best value in fast Mexican food, here's a final tip: bypass the big Mexican food chain-restaurants like "Taco Smell," "Baja Trash," or "Smell Taco," and go to a family-owned taquería. Los Alazanes is absolutely the best, at least in our barrio on the Lower Left Coast. Mucho gusto!

1  Thank Dana S